Oil change / oil plug

Hi..ya all out there.. I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil. Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?
A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom. Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?
Thanks, Rob
You can do the oil change without removing the undertray , but its advisable to take it off to do the oil change , especially if you are doing the filter also as the oil from the filter runs onto the tray .
Jeff
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Hi Jeff. I've removed the undertray..it was easer that I thought it would be. So..while I was replacing the oil..I lost some oil into the intercooler radiator. It dripped down through the radiator. I cleaned most of it..but I was wondering If I have to take out that radiator and get ride of the oil inside ? Or wil the restoil dissolve while driving by motorheating.
Rob
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Do you have any pis of what it looks like. Ive been trying this on my Montero 2003 but have yet to find good refrence with diagrams and all.
AGP
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Take it off and clean it out . There is a cooling fan underneath it so any oil left over will get blown about and make a mess , not to mention what will run down the engine .
Theres 4 10 mm bolts holding the intercooler , one bolt for a boost sensor ( u dont need to unplug it ) 2 large pipes and 2 connector blocks at the side next to the fuel filter ...... shouldnt take more than 20 mins to remove , clean and refit.
Jeff
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I took it out and cleaned up the oil and placed it all back. Used an alcohol based spray to get ride of the grease. That engine shines like never before..:-) It was a good learning job..I know much more about it all know. The engine is spinning very nice..if I may say. thanks again
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Jesus, what are you guys doing? This is a simple oil charge for crying out loud. You have a skid pan. You take it off. Its about 9-12 bolts. You drain the oil, and replace the filter, add oil and replace the skid pan and you are done. Why would you need diagrams? If its that complicated for you, take it to the dealer or someone who can handle it. You guys are just making it much more complicated then it needs to be. Malcom
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Yeah..you got that right.. Some dude started mention diagrams or so..I don't know..!! I just wanted some info about an oilchange..no big deal..I know.
all out there..<BR>I've got an Pajero Sport (L200 engine) and I wanna change the oil.<BR>Where is the oiltapplug located under this car ?<BR>A metal screen is protecting the enginebottom.<BR>Do I heave to remove that screen before I can acces the oil plug ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Rob <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=