80s poster time

Somebody else pointed this page out to me. Am I weird for thinking the spoiler and skirts spoil it? I know the skirts are necessary to cover the huge wheels, but I think it wrecks the looks.

Side questions - how many of you had one of these on your wall, and what did you have instead/as well? (quattro?)

Reply to
Clive George

Heheh, Love the concept car's steering wheel. Reminds me of my BX, peace be upon it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Good ol' Marcello Gandini. Nobody could ever accuse him of passing up an opportunity to... recycle... his old designs. Yep, recycle. That'll be it.

Reply to
Adrian

i had a framed picture (not poster does it count?) of a white countach, i had a smallish poster of an F40 and a poster for back to the future with the delorean on it :)

Reply to
Vamp

Mine was a room wallpapered in the centre spread pullouts from Custom Car and Street Machine, plus the picture sleeves from 12" Singles.

My brother on the other hand, 2 years younger had the stereotypical Red Ferrari on black background in red frame, red uplighter, playboy bedding and black/red/grey vertical striped wall paper.

Reply to
Elder

lol 12" that's some big cd's there mate :)

i had model car ferrari's on my window sill, well 1 ferrari, one lambo and a merc but i forget which one, had gul wing (sp?) doors

Reply to
Vamp

300SL Wasn't it?
Reply to
Elder

Meh, I had that at one point, only in diagonal stripes. I then painted the whole lot blood red, and shortly after that bashed a hole in the wall (mentioned above)

Reply to
Abo

that sounds like it! was red and i had a picture of the same car in same colour

Reply to
Vamp

A lass I know had a job at a Blondie gig recently. There's an autocue because she can remember none of the words...

Reply to
Doki

A Ferrari F40. I still want one.

Reply to
Doki

Never said she was bright!

Reply to
Burgerman

Heh, Guns'n'Roses were using them back in 93 at MK Bowl and they weren't even old gits then.

Reply to
Mike P

Well no, but they were all drunk, stoned and high :-)

Reply to
DanB

Axl used to drink cold tea in a JD bottle on stage. It looked right colour, but it went toward stopping him dying in public.

Reply to
Elder