A little warning about declaring all modifications

Heh - it'd be madness if you did. Though I have heard the phrase "altered from the manufacturer's standard spec, including optional extras" before....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And, if you bought the car 2nd hand, how are you to know what the car maker had as standard in all its million revisions over the years?

Reply to
ts86

Exactly. Pleading ignorance in a case like this would be very justified IMHO, and I doubt they'd have a leg to stand on if they tried to invalidate a claim because you hadn't mentioned the optional climate control that was only a standard feature of that trim level from two months after your particular car was made, or something!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

"I thought all 106 Rallyes came with Compomotives and a cammed up 16v lump with an ECU that has a warranty sticker from 'The ECU Doctor' on it... honest".

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

LOL!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Why should they be bothered doing something they have no legal entitlement to do?

Reply to
Conor

For the interests of their business.

Reply to
ts86

heh been there, done that, in fact, done em both :/

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Thats a good point, my import Legacy came with limo pimp tints from the factory, I didn't realise at first and have it insured with them as a mod DOH!

Reply to
Tim Anderson