Ahhhhha petrol again

To cut a long story short, it's been two years since I bought the C9-3 and I've enjoyed it. But Charlie has never liked it. I persuaded her to give the car two years to see if she could tolerate it but... nope she doesn't.

Of all the things to argue about the car isn't going to be one of 'em.

Went out today to look at Focus and Mondeos but ended up buying another Saab... and it's the low blow turbo petrol. Not the TiD.

Pick it up Tuesday...

Reply to
DervMan

I think you'll regret not buying an MX-5.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

We need the rear seats. ;-)

And anyway it's all about the cup holders:

DervMan

9-3 or 9-5?
Reply to
Elder

So where will you get your derv fix? Sniffing the pump nozzles at the petrol station?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

He'll regret not getting an E class more.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

He should've bought a 197.

Reply to
DanB

Should have bought a Range Rover...

Reply to
Pete M

It'll have to be borrowing stuff from work.

I must I must I must *not* try to put diesel into the newbie.

Reply to
DervMan

Without wishing to sound all badge / image / status / carbon footprint / tree-hugging aware, it's... 9-3 SS 1.8t. Which is really a derivative of the Ecotec 2.0 engine with a very small turbocharger.

Reply to
DervMan

Too powerful for me...

Reply to
DervMan

Too expensive for me...

Reply to
DervMan

...which before somebody else chips in, sits in a short wheelbase Vectra... :-)

Reply to
DervMan

Should have bought a Caterham.

(I'm just joining in with everyone else here).

Buy whatever you like.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

:)

Reply to
DervMan

Go look at Elkparts. Tuneup in a box.

And you can undo it at the push of a button.

Reply to
Elder

I has Cruise :-) Although 70mph is about 3,500rpm...

Reply to
DanB

Bit like my Capper...

Reply to
Conor

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

...and there's me, thinking the Saab feels a bit low-geared at "only"

85mph from 3,000rpm...
Reply to
Adrian

Aye, it is a bit revvy hehe. Although the exhaust seems to be tuned to minimise the sound between sort of 70 and 90. Does make a great sound when you're thraping it though thanks to the fancy manifold etc.

Reply to
DanB