FAO: The SaabMan (drinker of all things black and smelly)

5th August 2006. You free? Show Charlie some fast cars in action?

Posted to the Sko-forum Skoda site.

"Skoda Owners have been invited by the Saab owners club to attend a=20 track day at RallyDrive at their tarmac test circuit at Blyton just=20 north of Gainsborough. The track is 1 1/2 miles east of Blyton on the=20 B1205 (see

for a map). The event is ideal for beginers and older cars as well as the latest=20 models.

The track at Blyton has been booked for Sat 5th August, the cost for the=20 day is =A358.75, this is payable in full if you want to take part. For=20 this you will get 2 1/2 hours track time in 1/2 sessions with a limit of=20

6 cars on the track at once. Action will start from 9:00am till approx=20 4:30-5:00pm.=20

All crews (driver and passengers) will need to wear a crash helmet and=20 sign a disclaimer before venturing out on the track.

Please could you indicate if you are driving a competition car or a road=20 car. It is envisaged to place all competition cars together in one=20 group.

Cheque's should be made payable to the Saab Owners Club of Great Britain=20 Ltd. Also include the model of car and if for road or competition use.=20

Daves address;

David Barrow

27 Lilac Avenue Widnes Cheshire WA8 6SX. snipped-for-privacy@saabclub.co.uk "

Maybe a chance to get a Saab club membership, and see if the mods have=20 worked properly, or even to spectate same as me.

Maybe drop him an email and explain that a current Skoda owner, former=20 Saab owner, and current Saab club member told you about the event when=20 he found you had bought a Saab, would it be possible for you to attend=20 as a non club member?=20

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder
5th August 2006. You free? Show Charlie some fast cars in action?

Posted to the Sko-forum Skoda site.

-=-=-=-

[snip]

I've managed to avoid Saab Ownership Clubs so far because the Ka Klub were so awful to Charlie, she doesn't want to hear of it.

And I'm also not sure I want to track the 9-3 just yet, it's occasionally not pulling as it should and the suspension is surely too soft for track use... but... no no chase that thought out of your head...

Watching may be an option though...

Reply to
DervMan

To be fair, she is Merkin ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Heh. She loves her cars, but, to cut a long story short she and the Ka Klub chairman, snipped-for-privacy@stunty.co.uk , fell out because... well we don't know really.

She was a bit miffed that I didn't blag her to come along to the J Palmer day. But then I wouldn't have the picture of Tim Kemp trying not to burst into laughter as he walked away from a broken Clio! :)

Reply to
DervMan

The Skoda boys (especially south coast) are nutters, and the Saab boys tend to be a little better off money wise ("Oh bugger, there goes the cylinder head, told you 2.4 bar was too much boost for a street engine"), or older wiser, but just as looney behind the wheel.

Friendly guys too. At the last trackday I attended at Elvington, one of those who broke his car was a seriously tuned 9-5 Aero Estate. Last I heard it was going onto a low Loader just outside the gates accompanied by a comment of "You know, you wouldn't believe how many cars break down right here, and it is usually pretty serious".

Reply to
Elder

Damn, well I'm not better off, but may be just as mad at the helm! :)

Yes. Probably comes with the cars. There are only so many nice young teenagers with Kas...

It wasn't from Norwich with DWH on the registration plate was it?

Reply to
DervMan

Plus the average consumption might dip below 50...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It never stopped me with the Ka...

Reply to
DervMan

Can't remember, been a while.

Reply to
Elder

I think you would have to travel a very long way to find any car more unsuited to using on a track than either a Skoda or a Saab............surely this post has to be a troll of some sort?

5th August 2006. You free? Show Charlie some fast cars in action?

Posted to the Sko-forum Skoda site.

"Skoda Owners have been invited by the Saab owners club to attend a track day at RallyDrive at their tarmac test circuit at Blyton just north of Gainsborough. The track is 1 1/2 miles east of Blyton on the B1205 (see

for a map). The event is ideal for beginers and older cars as well as the latest models.

The track at Blyton has been booked for Sat 5th August, the cost for the day is £58.75, this is payable in full if you want to take part. For this you will get 2 1/2 hours track time in 1/2 sessions with a limit of

6 cars on the track at once. Action will start from 9:00am till approx 4:30-5:00pm.

All crews (driver and passengers) will need to wear a crash helmet and sign a disclaimer before venturing out on the track.

Please could you indicate if you are driving a competition car or a road car. It is envisaged to place all competition cars together in one group.

Cheque's should be made payable to the Saab Owners Club of Great Britain Ltd. Also include the model of car and if for road or competition use.

Daves address;

David Barrow

27 Lilac Avenue Widnes Cheshire WA8 6SX. snipped-for-privacy@saabclub.co.uk "

Maybe a chance to get a Saab club membership, and see if the mods have worked properly, or even to spectate same as me.

Maybe drop him an email and explain that a current Skoda owner, former Saab owner, and current Saab club member told you about the event when he found you had bought a Saab, would it be possible for you to attend as a non club member?

Reply to
Ken

What about a smart car? Or a Robin?

Reply to
DanTXD

What about your mother?

Reply to
Doki

Ken, f*ck off...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Didnt think owners arranged "track days" for that sort of s**te??

Ken

I didn't think people as stupid as you would be able to post to Usenet. Still, you learn something new every day eh :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

If you feel having a trackday for those sort of shit heaps, is anything other than a hand job for some pretty pathetic anoraks, I do honestly feel that you are the one that is stupid.

Ken

That depends on what you go to a track day for.

It isn't what you turn up in, it's how you drive it and how much you're prepared to learn.

Reply to
DervMan

I see the kids are off school again.

Reply to
SteveH

Sadly Chris Stevens is legally an adult although not in fact. He would be amusing if he wasn't such a sad sack.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You're repeating yourself.

You're repeating yourself.