Anyone fancy something different, second car down.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

I want that metro. Gimme gimme gimme

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I saw one of these once when I was living in West Belfast. They were driving it round like a normal car.

David

Reply to
David Lane

but with that 3.0l engine in the back ... where are you going to put the weekly shopping :0)

Reply to
aussie bongo

Get a trailer...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Testament to its versatility?

Reply to
fishman

Jaguar XJ220 used the same engine, turbocharged.

Reply to
fishman

If I bought it, that's exactly what I'd do with it. That's what cars are for :)

Reply to
Nom

I believe this is urban myth, or at least a serious extrapolation from the truth. It's something like them having the same crankshaft, which after a few iterations between the newsgroups and the pub becomes them having the same engine.

Or I could be talking out of my arse again :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Its somewhere in the middle iirc

Reply to
Chet

My reliable source is Jeremy Clarkson. Did you know that his micophone is actually in the seat of his pants? Otherwise we wouldn't hear anything he said when he sits down. Funny how he has to go up to people with that radio mic on Top Gear for things like the cool wall. He could hardly ask them to talk to his arse could he?

Reply to
fishman

The middle of my arse? Yes, that where it is, although I don't remember you being anywhere near there...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist, or something

Reply to
Chet

Pah, the other half can get that!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yep in the same way the 1.4l Audi TDi is the same engine as the 1.9 TDi

Reply to
Depresion

The Jag and the Metro engines both have the same number of cylinders though...

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You're claiming that you don't exist? Maybe that works in Ireland..... :-P

Reply to
Albert T Cone

And the headgaskets are the same aren't they ?

Reply to
Nom