Anyone got a Golf mk1/2/3 front hub spare?

I'm building a new front end for my trike and need to get hold of a 4 bolt front hub from a Golf/Polo etc. I tried for ages down the breakers on Saturday to remove the hub nuts from 3 separate cars. All were unfortunately

2 or 3 high in the air and without wheels and I couldn't lock the hub or driveshaft and apply enough torque without falling off my 'perch' or rocking the car enough to topple the damn thing off the pile. Anyone got one kicking around cheap? I don't care about condition of the splines or bearing seats as I'm not using them in this application. As long as the threads are ok in the wheel bolt holes then I'm ok. Cheers, JB
Reply to
JB

Try your local GTI bods. The boggo hubs bits are cheap cheap as people tend to rip the whole assembly off to fit the 16V's brakes.

Reply to
Doki

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, JB wittered on forthwith;

I'm spending far too much time at VW breakers this week getting assorted bits for the Golf's transplant - I'm also looking for bits for the A6, so I'm sure I can probably get you a hub. Don't know how much though.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:evjolb$f30$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

It would be much appreciated if you could get hold of one without too much hassle to yourself. When are you planning on going? cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, JB wittered on forthwith;

Quite likely tomorrow, need to get the drive gear from a 2E dizzy, just incase I need it (they're shut at the weekends, worlds least reliable scrappy). I was there today, needed a new rad fan for the Golf. Bearings were noisy and it's got to come out so this is a good time.

Reply to
Pete M

They're about =A315 *new* from the likes of GSF.

Or at least they were the last time one of my Mk3s needed one - not bad considering VW were quoting something =A3110 for one.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

They're about £15 *new* from the likes of GSF.

Or at least they were the last time one of my Mk3s needed one - not bad considering VW were quoting something £110 for one.

-- That sounds like the ticket. Thanks,

Jb

Reply to
JB