An open letter to VAG.

You're all a bunch of bastards.

Today the A6 decided would be a good day to have an inner CV joint begin to pack in. Which has meant that the Golf is now sitting in the workshop quietly glowering at me through neglect.

*Tomorrow* I will get the 1.8 out, swap all the bits and bobs to the 2.0 block and build it back up.

Fuxake.

Audi's only done 196k, bits are breaking already...

Dash is still nicely soft touch though.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:evm31k$a6s$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

So long as the soft touch dash is ok, I'll sleep ok.

Reply to
ChromeVandy

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, ChromeVandy wittered on forthwith;

"You're not from round 'ere, are you?"

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:evm31k$a6s$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

should of got something jap but then could you live without the std though? tough one

Reply to
Vamp

Tubbs, is he local?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

He was touching the shiny things...

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Tell me again why having boring reliable fast jap cars is a bad thing.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Because they also come with the mandatory k**b driver and burberry baseball cap.

Reply to
diy-newby

My boring reliable jap car came with a NYC baseball cap. Shows what you know.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

message

"Britain is the S&M capital of the world"

Besides, if we all drove reliable cars we wouldn't be able to whinge about them.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

In news:evm31k$a6s$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org, Pete M wittered on forthwith;

Hmm, it's not a CV joint.. it's the dual mass flywheel. *Lovely*

Um, make that tomorrow. I've spent most of today trying to source a 2.0 Dizzy. Found one, but much harder work than I anticipated.

Need to buy a clutch as well, two if you include the Audi one - no point in not changing it if the bloody flywheel is coming off.

This much is true. Mmmm, squidgy.

Reply to
Pete M

Well whinging is the national sport. ; ) Surprised you don't all drive Jags.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Drive" being the word here. Plenty of us have "owned" Jags.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Would like two XJ-S's taken into consideration.

Reply to
Pete M

Heh. That's a section on ebay I'm desperately trying to avoid.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f00dcq$vh0$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Wanna do the head gasket on my Audi? @:)

Reply to
Ronny

In news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, Ronny wittered on forthwith;

Heh, which engine is it?

I know a man who can.. and is cheap. Ex VAG tech, now Mitsubishi / Subaru / Mazda / VAG / Ford mastertech. Handy guy...

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:f0358o$ff2$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

1.8t q