Anyone had any experience of...

65 mph I read! :)

You've seen one on the road, then? :)

I've seen more Lotus, Ferrari and Aston Martins in the last few months than I've seen 607s.

Reply to
DervMan

It can and it might, depending on the make and model.

If we insisted ladies wore their bra sizes on the back of their t-shirts, we'd have the same problem as we have on our cars.

Most German ladies would just have "lady" written, rather than "lady 36C" or whatever.

Reply to
DervMan

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Definitely in the C5, but not AFAIK in the Xant.

It was available at C5 launch in '01, but only lasted a couple of years. IIRC, there were all sorts of problems which were blamed on the sulphur content of UK fuel.

Reply to
Adrian

Right! I've never tried one, anything funky and new in the petrol engine environment was to be avoided and ignored by the proper fleet manager, primarily on the grounds of cost implications.

I still persuaded him to allow me to pick up a Toyota Carina-E with the 1.8 lean burn donk. :)

Reply to
DervMan

I daresay not really a problem in a small bore pipe, but it is impressive to me as well.

Reply to
Questions

Indeed, there are very specific safety requirements for working with the common rail systems, you can very easily get ceptacaemia (sp?) from fuel being injected through gloves, through skin into your body from a fuel mist you cannot see and die a slow painful death. :--o

Renault have a tool for detecting leaks- its basically a pair of long forceps that holds a strip of paper in the end. The fuel pressure is such that it will easily slice up or make holes in the paper thus identifying the source of the leak...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

No, i meant the problems PSA are having with their HPi!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

the "i" stands for "Important". Originally added to signify that rich bod could afford fuel injected rather than carburated car, kind of irrelevant now that there are so few cars with carbs. Still attached to cars because the "i" adds to the snobbery.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Aren't the CX td's notorious for having block issues? Of course any which are left now may be ok..

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Clive George ( snipped-for-privacy@xxxx-x.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The diesel turbo 2 did indeed have porous block issues - the basic problem seems to have been poor quality control in an outsourced Indian foundry for the recycled scrap being smelted and cast. Add in the use of tap water, and all the impurities corroded out of the block between bore and water jacket.

I haven't heard of any going bad for years now - like you say, the ones remaining are the good 'uns, or have already been done. Apparently the eventual fix from CitUK involved exchange rebuilt engines with stainless sleeves.

Reply to
Adrian

in news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, "DervMan" slurred :

On the rovers, the D/SD was the 82BHp non intercooled lump, and the Di/SDi was the 105BHp intercooled version.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

in news:hFd3d.61$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, "AstraVanMan" slurred :

The 1.9 TDi was available in the audi 80 in the Uk from '93, I think. Dunno when it was out in germany.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

No, the 80 mk 2 (looks like a pumped up version of the old one introduced in

91 was available almost from the start with the 1.9 TDi engine.

The mk1 80 could indeed come with a turbo'd 1.9 IDI as used in the passat with about 75bhp (no intercooler) OR in the Audi 90 the 2.5 5 cylinder. This engine was not availabe in the 80 tho.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I too am a 607 fan - I really like the shape.

They are pretty rare I suppose, but I've seen a few around...

Reply to
Nom