OT: Wales Rally GB

Where's the snow?

Bunch of girlie tossers.

Reply to
SteveH

Maybe if they did a hill climb up Snowdon...

Reply to
REMUS

Good fun though, especially when you get to drive the stages in a Volvo

360! :D Much better than that roundy-roundy F1 crap! And the top 20 are anything but girlie tossers. The girlie tossers are the Group N chaps who can afford quick cars but dont know how to drive them!

Incidentally, the weather was s**te Friday/Sat, much worse than the November weather over the last 3 years! Gravel tyres + wet tarmac = some interesting moments!

And if anyone watched the highlights on saturday and saw Gronholm f*ck up his wheel, I was in the group of marshalls about 5m from the gate post he hit! Even got some pics of him fixing the car :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Oh, and Car 0 (ie course opener) was a Bowler Wildcat - absolutely awesome!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Talking of November, you going to the RAC?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Possibly, although its a long way to go. Anyone know which of the stages is the most southern?

Might drop the organisors an email to see if/when they need marshals. Would certainly be an experience!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Who cares? It's because of whining Southerners the Rally GB is set in a car park in Cardiff. "We don't like travelling"...

Reply to
Pete M

souls

I care, thats why i asked. The reason i asked is because if i do go up it will have to be on the sunday because i will have to be back for work monday morning, so it would be easier for me to go to the stage nearest me. Not to mention the petrol costs, and when you're on a tight budget thats pretty important.

From 7am friday to 11pm yesterday i had about 6 hours sleep, covered about

500 miles, including about 20 stage miles and loved every minute of it. Lets not forget that other stage rallies i have marshalled in the cold and rain. And theres the 12-cars/scatters i've set/helped organise/marshaled. Then there's the road rallies where i'm normally up for 24+hours at a time to take part in events, not to mention all the preparation time beforehand. And also there's the stage car in my garage that i'm helping to build. And do i whine, NO, i love rallying i do my utmost to put something back into it whilst still enjoying it, so quite frankly, you and your f****it views can go f*ck yourself!

Oh, and i didnt go to the 'car park' in Cardiff, i was stood in the wind in rain on top of a BFO hill on MoD land, and then in damp muddy woods the next day.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Don't think there's many places the GpB cars actually do get rallied these days. Monsters they may be, but a WRC car would whip them over a stage, so all the amateurs who used to run GpB cars are switching to early WRC and GpA cars now :-(

For me, it's a shame it's up in North Yorks and they're not venturing into Snowdonia.

Reply to
SteveH

If you drive a group B, it's not the winning that matters, it's tearing round in a car that reacts faster than you can think, and burning huge ammounts of fossil fuels.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I think what carl was getting at was, it makes rallying more accesible for people to drive in, rather than spectate.

Without cars and drivers, no matter how spectacular the stage and the scenery, you don't have rallies and spectators walking for hours to get there, you just have hikers (and we all know how annoying hikers are).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not really, but nevermind :)

Reply to