anyone here got a citron xsara?

and if so, do they all tend to have a steering wheel that drifts over to the left when you are on a straight bit of road?

6 of the buggers I've had pass through my hands over the last months and they all do it!!!!!!!!!!

recall time perhaps?

Reply to
dojj

All cars should "drift" to the left when you remove your hands from the sterring wheel, its incase you fall asleep, pulls you too the left rather than into the path of oncoming traffic, although it sounds like yours is a bit prominent perhaps?

Ron

Reply to
Ron

no no no the whole steering wheel turns to the left and the car still travels in a straight line it's not miles and miles out, but it goes over by as much as an inch to the left when you are driving in a straight line problem is, the rack wants to self centre and so you have to hold it there should we be worried that they all seem to do it or is it just that the women who drives them have all kerbed them in the same spot? :)

Reply to
dojj

My Xsara drove in a straight line with the wheel straight and didnt drift to the left, nor did the courtesy car Xsara that I drove. Maybe tyre inflation and alignment needs checking?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Cowell

All cars do that - partly because the camber of the road makes them do it, and partly because if there's any drift at all, it needs to be to the left - there is oncoming traffic to your right !

Reply to
Nom