an empty drive and a loss of interest.

well after various departures recently including the long serving sporting, I have only got the A4 avant and the rusty pug.

The Avant being the sensible runabout plies its trade in a nice vag tdi way never looking out of place, never drawing attention and above all being impeccably dull, reliable and German.

The 205 on the other hand is sitting with a big box of parts to fix I have a bit of spare time and alas not the slightest interest in finishing her and enjoying.

Whats wrong with me? eeek Is this middle age? Have i become old. What next will I buy an Alfa?

Maybe salvation will come this weekend in the shape of a sunny day and no kids, heres hoping as for the first time in at least 10 years I have a first rate hot-hatch, plenty cash to mod and maintain and bugger all interest in moving away from my comfy german bus.

anyone want to buy a 205? or even better take the audi keys off me for a bit.

Reply to
Rob

Heh, I've got boxes off stuff next to me waiting to be fitted to the Ovlov. Been trying to motivate myself to get the suspension done, but just cant be arsed. I'm begining to think I should have just bought a boring 205/309 for using on events and be done with it.

However I may have earnt myself the use of a workshop to work on and store the car in, so maybe over the summer some things may actually get done ready for some autumn/winter fun!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

This is exactly the reason I gave up trying to run a 100% reliable Rover 620 during the week and a Capri on the weekend...the Capri ended up not being used.

Took the plunge and sold the Rover.

Reply to
Conor

In case anyone's interested, I've got a set of front discs and pads sitting here, that came off a 205 1.6GTi. They're not new, but before anyone goes on about used brake parts being a false economy, they'd all done literally a few hundred miles, if that, before being taken off the car (long story, but there was some sort of reason for holding on to them.....), and I'm not really after any money for them, maybe literally a pint of beer worth. Only worth anyone's while really if they can collect though, as I don't think I can be arsed with posting them....

Reply to
AstraVanMan