Attn: The Punisher

Your mate's car is not fast just because its RWD though is it,

> wankface?

"No shitbreath but try putting that sort of power down through the front wheels."

550 bhp Golf Mk2 VR6 2.9 Turbo:

*3.6mb*

I've got a vid of a quicker Jetta some where but it has big slicks and a wheely bar on it. I will also upload pic's of a Mk2 burning off a Dodge Viper ;)

There are front wheel drive pro drag cars that do the 1/4 mile in high 7's

.
Reply to
REMUS

Heres the Dodge getting embaressed:

*5.84mb*
Reply to
REMUS

Jetta running 1/4 mile @ 9.692:

*6.67mb*
Reply to
REMUS

Why would you need a wheely bar on a FWD car?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Because you could set them really low so that the soft rear suspension dips slightly and so now the majority of the cars weight is on the front wheels. Think wheelbarrow handles! Or top fuel in reverse!

Reply to
Burgerman

PSML!!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

In news:uVdye.21996$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net, Burgerman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

RWD is the only way to do things properly though.

Aye, I've heard rumours next year the Ferrari F1 team are going to use FWD instead. Something to do with "there's this fast VW Golf running about that's so much better than all this old RWD stuff we've been doing for years. How did we all go wrong? We should read more newsgroups.."

Reply to
Pete M

Watch the Jetta video and you can see what Burgerman just explained, in action.

Reply to
REMUS

Dougs word's

I don't think anyone said that fwd is a better configuration...

I was just posting vid's for other people's viewing pleasure and to show 'The Punisher', that "sort" of power can be put down effectively "through the front wheels".

Reply to
REMUS

I see. Thank you

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Now find one taking some bends.

Trouble is, yes, you can get that power through the front wheels, but only in a straight line.

Reply to
SteveH

How do they corner?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Fraser Johnston decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Badly.

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

Like any car with 14" slicks and a wheely bar...

Reply to
REMUS

Like these?

?car=Saab%209000&page=1&id=30
?car=Saab%209000&page=1&id=61
?car=Saab%209000&page=1&id=110 Shame I can't find a copy of the vid of Bill J's 9000 Aero (with a few tweaks, about 300BHP) at Goodwood, kicking the arse of a 911, an M3 and Ferrari, and I know George (known as Ylee Coyote in the Saab Community) has a 400+ Maptun Stage 6+ some home done extras that eats anything.

But here are some others from this years Goodwood day. Please download, rather than watching online.

(7meg) 9000
(10meg) 9000 & 9-3
(13.5meg) 9-3

Bit quick for FWD those cars.