Bollox, Bollox, and more Bollox.

Those gauges I order from the states are on back order.

They only have the chrome face version, not the black face ones. Damn. I've asked for an estimated stock date, as I don't think the Chrome ones look as good as the black faced ones.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope, don't compromise on chrome ones if you really want black.

Maybe the wait will make them all the sweeter ;)

Reply to
??? Abo ???

No worry, more time to find pods for them.

Reply to
fishman

Oh I don't plan to compromise. If there is going to be a big delay, I request a cancel and refund (payed with Paypal), and find soimething elsewhere.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

True, but I wanted them ASAP, to try and get them fitted over Xmas and Newyear while I'm off.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Halfords + Spray paint :)

Then you can revert back to chrome when you want some bling :)

Reply to
Ronny

It's the blackout face that is the bit I'm talking about, not the dial=20 rim. Don't fancy spending =A3100 on dials, and then spraying out the faces= =20 so I would never see them.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Did i miss a link to these in another thread or something? You know i need to copy you ;)

Reply to
Chet

Yep, ordered some of these "black faced when off" gauges.

Ordered a boost gauge, oil temp and oil pressure gauge.

But the bloody things are on back order.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Try Impossible Performance Parts on 01634 250811 they are the UK suppliers for those gauges.(probably more expensive though)

Reply to
Depresion

Ooh yes, i've seen them type ones before. I like em lots. Chromes quite nice too tho i reckon, much more "tricky"

Reply to
Chet

Have you looked for the Defi ones? Much better looking but bring your wallet.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Feckin' HOW much?? Bet they look nice though.... :o)

Reply to
Pete MC

Yes, but Defi gauges are very spendy like you say, UK prices tend to be=20 arround the =A3120-170 per gauge, plus about =A380 for the Defilink=20 controller.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yeah, will be loads pricier, but will check them out.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Bloody too right pricier. Autodynamics $177inc Shipping (plus duty if it is caught). IM =A3180 + shipping, doesn't mention VAT and they are the 7000 EL gauges= =20 instead of the 6000 blackouts.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oh they do. Very classy (only some have dark or blacked out faces when=20 off, like the AC gauges I'm getting), but when you switch on, they spin=20 all their needs syncronised upto max, back to min, run their a test=20 sequence of any warning lights they have, then settle at their default=20 positions.

Found this on an Evo site

How cool would a set of those be?

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

ah that's a bastard, i was thinking of going for some of them myself, same as you were getting but was gonna grab water temp to :)

was going to pillar mount my turbo gauge and sit the other 3 under the stereo

Reply to
Vamp

Just wondering about this. I reckon a temperature module, i.e. a widget that immerses in the oil / water / air coupled to a small LCD display with a little circuit board to do the control sounds like a cheap sort of thing, e.g. 20 bucks or ten quid from Maplin except they don't have any.

Reply to
Questions

Want to try to keep it a little more flash, but understated, especially when switched off, it is a WRC inspired car, not a chav mobile afterall.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar