bored...

You don't need to know. In a flash of genius, IKEA succumbed to the needs of an English-speaking nation, and employed English-speaking staff. Good idea, that. Wonder if it'll catch on....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

Ikea has its uses. Their fittings are quite good and we often use 'em to molish other things.

Went into MFI today just to scrounge some ideas. Salesdroid approached and asked if I was OK and I explained that I'd just popped in to steal some ideas and go home and make 'em properly and sized to fit the house. She was very understanding.

Reply to
Guy King

But they have items called "fartyg" and "fukta"

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The message from "Tim S Kemp" contains these words:

And worse, a range of towels called "Sanni".

Reply to
Guy King

Hmm they've never sounded English to me. More like Italian. Well at my local Ikea that is.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And they can't spell "Dime bar" either.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Is that the one local to your place in Italy?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well yes, it's the only Ikea I use at present. The English house has all the crap I need. Interesting to see the difference in approaches. In the Brent Cross Ikea it seemed to be mostly chavs having a day out in the restaurant. In the Roman Ikea it's mostly business men and women permanently camped out, making use of the low cost WiFi and relatively cheap food with all day free parking only a short bus ride from central Rome.

We caught on and use the car park to dump our car, because Ikea is handily close to where the autostrada from our home meets the GRA (Romes M25). Then we get the bus in to central Rome for sightseeing. Costs bugger all for all day parking plus a tourist ride. Ikea itself is right by the side of the (original) Appian Way, if one is into history. You get a different perspective on respect for history over there too. When traffic is heavy on the GRA, HGVs leave the GRA onto the cobbled Via Appia and take a shortcut over 2000+ years of history.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Best chippy in the world (IMO) is in Clowne, North Derbyshire. That said, chips aren't as good as home made, but the fish is excellent.

Reply to
Doki

Actually heavy dose co-codamol didn't affect me other than I couldn't drink. Doc was worried about my driving, but they have no effect other than as a pain killer/anti inflamitory.

Not sleeping so good. Since I put the extra weight on my snoring has gotten terminal. I can actually hear myself start to snore before I'm fully asleep and that means I wake up, so I don't disturb the missus. And it can happen while I'm actually awake and still in a conversation but drowsy. Also, unlike most, I can snore while on my side or front as well as my back, and snore through the nose as well as the mouth. Probably because my nose has been broken about 4 times fighting with my brother over the years.

I've started using a herbal spray that seems to help, plus I'm changing how I eat to try and lose a little of the extra, plus taking loads of long walks to burn a little extra too. All the little bits are helping and taking a little of the strain off me and the missus too. A new pillow helped too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Big fat spliff, job done!

Reply to
Pete M

If you need an incentive to get out more, as they say, get a dog. It can be a wonderful companion, never argues, always listens and keeps your secrets, and best of all, helps you to get some exercise.

chas

Reply to
chas

Yeah, not everyone reacts do drugs in the same way, but if you can at least take charge of the issue and be pro-active about finding solutions as you have indicated, then it slowly starts to work out. Nice one.

Reply to
conkersack

Just don't get a dog that needs more exercise than you want - could be a bit of a drag!

Reply to
conkersack

It's good but the one on North bay seafront in Scarborough is better IMO

Reply to
Chris Street

Which one was that?

Reply to
Chris Street

Been lately since the Chinese took it over?

Reply to
Doki

Nancy's, Macclesfield Rd, Whaley Bridge. Long gone.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I think I could agree with that, there's a cafe somewhere along there (opposite the fish dock) that does cracking crab salads as well. The crabs are huge, the prices reasonable.

Best F&C that I currently use in Yorkshire is the Kingfisher on Denby Dale Road just off J39 of the M1.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I got used to it as a "moody teenager". Found the best way through it was to just keep my head down, and function as best as possible. At least then you didn't get the "pull yourself together" and "we didn't have 'Depression' in the war you know", or end up dosed up on whatever wonder tranq/anti-depressent hadn't yet been discovered to be addictive. I just didn't want the Zombie effect.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2