BOV's!

i can't help it i want one! i can hear the turbo just about with the radio off and i can hear it dump the air sometimes and i'd love a BOV! but i have a gay AFM on the turbo :(

is there a way round? someone mentioned a double piston BOV before or something? any help and best places to buy from ect? cheers

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted=20 forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

o off and i can hear it=20

Thought yours was a series 3? I know the series 3 GT4's did away with the AFM.

Or you could install a Motec ECU, install and map it to do away with=20 using the airmeter. Not cheap though, about =A31200 =20

ething? any help and best=20

Bailey and Forge do double pistons, they clearly state for cars with=20 AFMs. Forge seem to be the ones of choice, as bailey's seem to need to=20 be cleaned out more often to stop them gumming shut or open. If you want=20 a bailey, look for the DV26, 27 or 36 (36 has a big trumpet extension=20 for more noise).

A lot of the GT4 guys fit HKS SSQV, or one or two have fitted Sard=20 R2D2s which I'm thinking of. Or fit a recird, and an open cone filter=20 with as short an intake as you can, then you will hear the recirc dump=20 through the intake, rather than the air box which will deaden noise. Of=20 course you may lose a little performance because I imagine the MR2=20 engine bay is even hotter than the GT4.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

and i can hear it

nope late revision 2 1993 ;)

how much!

something? any help and best

hmmm how much bailey charge and they have a site?

do the R2D2's recirc then? or do you have to mod it a bit. i know the HKS have a recirc kit for them

Reply to
Vamp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com spouted=20 forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Ah but then you do away with the Air meter, can use it to control anti=20 lag, and water injection, and launch control, as well as removing the=20 fuel cut, and being able to control Nitrous as well as boost, without=20 need for a seperate nitrous or boost controller.

I think the Australian Haltech can do something similar, as can=20 GEMS/OMEX. Unichips can do it too, but you need to keep the Airmeter=20 with a Unichip. All a Superchip does is remove the fuel cut, and a Cheap=20 FCD can do that. You can't really mess with the maps with a Superchip.=20

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Just saw this vampy, and wondered if you would be interested?

REMUS

thanks but not interested in an exhaust just yet, plus i'm out of spare cash for a while because of my alarm getting done soon, thanks though!

been looking at the apexi N1 and blitz nur spec but there damn loud!

Reply to
Vamp