Britain's Worst Driver tonight

How much did they give that Daz feller for his Nova? I missed a few minutes of it, but saw the bit where he flicked the switch to blow the thing to kingdom come!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

£10k. Quentin didn't want to let him pick a car because he thought he'd take the Jag and wrap it around a lamppost.
Reply to
Doki
10 Grand. Not a small sum, but seeing as he spent 15 grand on it.

Also, notice all the audio gear missing??? Thought I did..???

Reply to
Mike Sherlock

hehe cmon of course he took out all the ICE, the whole thing was setup. All his crying n whinin about losing his car before, was put on for tv as well. He knew he would never ever get 10K for it, he got a brilliant deal there. Knowing him though he'll go out n buy a hottish hatch n spend 5K on it, then crash n burn in a carpark :)

Reply to
bIOforger

Said that to my Brother.

If it was worth £5k, he'd probably go and by 2 with the £10k and destroy them ??? ....

Reply to
Mike Sherlock

And the seats and the aluminium checkplate door panels etc etc...

Reply to
Nuckfut

First thought that entered my head was "You'll get a nice Sierra=20 Cosworth for =A310k".

--=20 Nuckfut

Hi. This is my friend, Jack Shit, and you don't know him.

Reply to
Nuckfut

I read something somewhere about how they blow up cars for special effects. They generally strip out everything that could fly off and hit someone, whilst still outwardly making it look like a car. That's why the doors, bonnet etc. fly off before the big explosion - they're blown off by a seperate charge to stop them flying around when the big bang happens.

Reply to
Doki

Had a look at an article that a "modified" mag ran on it... wasn't the same front bumper, interior was stripped, no engine...

Mehtinks it wasn't even Daz's car....

This is TV after all, remember, the camera always lies

Reply to
Andy Teather

he was quite a young lad, so a cosser =3D no insurance, too pricey. Well=20 he shouldnt get insured, as any decent insurer should have watched the=20 program and blacklisted all of the 'contestants' from ever getting=20 insurance again.

--=20 ~Regards~ bIO Some people have a way with words, others not have way

Reply to
bIOforger

Where the hell did HE get 15 grand from is what I'd like to know

Reply to
pRot3us

Borrowed it. What a fool. A mate of mine borrowed 10 grand (over 18 months, so interest is only a few hundred quid all in all) and along with his Tigra as a part-ex, and a bit of cash to make up the balance, bought a brand new MR2 Roadster.

Why people do that to a Nova is one of those eternal questions......

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Personal loan. Always amazed at what the kiddies can afford to run around in, but if you live with your parents and don't have a mortgage, that's £600 or so / month to spend on a car.

Reply to
SteveH