Bugger

The Mondeo was a short stroke V6. The Volvos were a T5 stroked down to 2.0 with a mad cutout (9-10k RPM I think). Nissan used 4WD chassis to get the advanced suspension. They stopped a lot of this tinkering a few years ago, more cylinders means lower RPM cap hence the BMW 320s being a high RPM 4 pot and beating the 320i last year soundly.

It's a great sport to watch - I try to get to croft and donington every year, sometimes brands and oulton too.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Tesla can be fast charged. You need a, erm, I wanna say three phase unit? Anyway, it was in last months Evo (or the month befores - the bloody one I can't reach from here heh) that you could bring the charging time down a lot, iirc to like four hours I think if you had one of those doobries. Really, if you spunk a £100k+ on an electric car to pretend you give a flying f*ck about the environment at parties, you can probably afford the fast charger thing for it too. Then buy one for every place you're likely to drive it too and you're away! It did 55 miles on track, so you'll probably get 100 driving it briskly on the road.

Reply to
DanB

If you ever get a chance, go to the Goodwood Revival. You'll see it all there - pretty well as it was all those years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Trouble is at current prices you're talking about 30 grand...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wouldn't have thought so in the UK. Very few use much in the way of electricity overnight so the full 100 amps or so could be available. Which would shorten the charge time more or less in direct proportion to that taken with a 13 amp one. So four hours doesn't seem out of the question.

Yup. And I doubt many would choose one for a long journey anyway. You'd use your 400h for that. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think your local transformer would be glowing though if every house in the area had a tesla pulling 100A every evening.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The Tesla may also have a 3 phase charging option and you could have one put in to your house, but that's not much use to you if you are planning on taking the car away with you.

Reply to
Depresion

ISTR 3-4hrs on a uk 3 phase hookup (TG were using the One Show's out door unit at television center). The charger unit has a max capacity of 17kW so about 45a on 3-phase or ~ 80a single phase.

Reply to
Depresion

With a life of 5 years that's a cost of 6000 a year just to replace the batteries at there end of life before then they will drop in capacity so you may never know if the battery pack you just picked up is good for 100 miles or 60.

Reply to
Depresion

Correct. it's 3-4hrs (quoted by Tesla) on 3 phase or you are stuck at 13a on single.

Reply to
Depresion

Indeed. That's the other thing advocates of electric cars ignore.

Called diversity.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That's only just a question of nuts and bolts, though. Probably because it's designed in the US.

To add a three phase supply to your house would be much more expensive than a new single phase charger.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've been a few times. They do seem to mix things up a bit though. Racing more by era than class, where you get cars like Mini's and A30's racing against big cars like Jaguar 240's. Exciting racing though, to see the cars rolling and drifting on the corners, and it's also nice to be able to wander round the pits to see all the cars on display. Mike.

Reply to
Miike G

Oulton park do a weekend I think in August where you get the mustangs verus the astons versus the escorts/minis etc.

Keep meaning to go but never get round to it.

Reply to
Elder

By an R8 Diesel or Trident Iceni R and invest the rest in an algal "green" diesel refinery/cracker company. Fuel made by pond life, instead of just stolen by it.

Reply to
Elder

there's a classic car thingy race that goes around and i saw it at the WTCC last year, there was an old 60's mustang, an old camaro, an old mini and even a lotus cortina :)

Reply to
Vamp

Well worth going (seems like an opportunity to air my wallpaper)

Depresion