Camber settings and lowered shocks

suspension,

interesting.. normally == is the qualifier on numeric values and "eq" for strings.. you learn something new every day! ;)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

some care to enlighten the rest of us who aren't as geeky as the geeks who wrote the original geeky joke please?

I can understand that it's a piss take but what's with all those other little figures? they don't work when I do anything with them :(

Reply to
dojj

In article , bigus_34 @yahoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Perl is very forgiving.

Millions of ways to do the same thing. Some are not quite as right as others, but none of them are wrong.

Generally, in Perl, if it works, don't moan about it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

It's a basic decission maker for the OP. He says the MP book told him to chack the camber after lowering, Others said no need.

The script asks the question, are the others, mates or garage.

If it is your mates, ask a garage. If it was a garage ask another garage. If it was anything else, he's making it up.

:)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , ** snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com** spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Sorry, this is a car modding newsgroup, not the max power fashion show.

Not looking right is only a small reason why you should lower it. Does it body roll badly, is the original suspension knackered, and a good brand of lowering kit (springs/shocks/struts whatever) is cheaper in the long run than dealer bought kit, or better quality than generic motorfactor kit for the same money, are you going trackdaying, and need better equipment? Here you are more likely to find uprated suspension than lowered, and one of the few cars here that will ground out on Supermarket speed bumps is mine. But it was lowered 40mm than most models in the range as it is an Aero, plus has 20 years of Sag on the springs.

What does a mark 6/7 Escort put out? Come back when you either the razor sharp handling of a gokart or 150bhp plus, and need to tighten the handling to match, or have some kind of motorsport license/experience that you would like to improve on.

L.E.Ds, lowering kits, huge silly alloys, 1/2 a ton of plastic body kit and Neons will only get a bloody good laughing at here. Unless the car is a Veilside Supra, but then it is quick enough to carry all that off anyway.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

right :) i thought you were making out that he was making it up if his mates were the garage or something :) sorted then :)

Reply to
dojj

Spot on. I used to be able to take a certain set of humps near me at about 60mph (!) in my old 405, using this exact technique. I did it pretty much daily (although not always at 60mph) for 3 years, with no ill effects whatsoever.

Reply to
Nom

The trouble with humps, is that none of them actually MAKE you slow down. If you've just stolen a car, there's nothing to stop you going over the humps at 80mph whilst escaping from the Police. Your car/suspension will take a LOT of abuse before it actually breaks.

Reply to
Nom

Yep and I have seen the Police cars giving chase down our street also going over the humps like bats out of hell.

Tosh

Reply to
tosh

Nope I do not race cars that is for pussys, I race bikes.

Tosh

Reply to
tosh

fair enough then. Good lad. Stick to bikes, you will find cars far to boring.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Worst ones are the full width, very narrow, very steep plastic ones you find at supermarket carparks, and garage forecourts.

3 times now going over at little more than idle in the saab, and carrying one passenger, caused the middle box to drag, lifting the rear box up high enough to fall off it's hanger on one side, and clang against the axle.
Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I watched the Vauxhall touring cars take their sumps off on a set of curbs... After a few cars did it, there was a lot of oil left on that particular corner. Very entertaining to watch.

-- James

Reply to
James