Caught Speeding Delivering Transplant Organs

rotflmao. Be careful, if you stick your fingers any further down your ears they'll meet in the middle :)

The GMB says he committed an offense - it says so on their webpage as linked to at the start of this thread - that's good enough for me. I'll take the word of one of the biggest legal organisations in this country over the word of someone who think's their own opinion is the only one that matters (that would be you, Mr Huge).

Of course, if you know more than the GMB then please inform them. I'm sure they will be glad for the information...

Reply to
Lordy

In article , pete snipped-for-privacy@lethe.org.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I've had a similar experience on Winwick road in Warrington (not that far away from Runcorn). Gatso does the double blink, and it was like staring directly into a lightening flash, or a normal handheld camera flash a very close quarters.

Bloody more dangerous in my opinion that going a couple of MPH above a trigger speed of the camera.

BTW, this camera is in a 40MPH section of a Dual carriageway that was until last year a National speed limit area. the camera has been there for atleast 3 years, but has only recently become active. It is in the central reservation, and can be rotated.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Crime??

What planet are you from?

Pillock!

Reply to
Martin Imber

Clearly if it wasn't a crime they wouldn't be able to press charges. It WAS a crime, the question is should he have been done for it.

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Read the posts, read the GMB website.

1 - Speeding. 2 - Illegally using blue lights.

Both of these are offenses. They may be justifiable given the circumstances, but the law still says they are offenses.

Which part don't you understand ?

Oooh, name calling. Can I play ?

"Wanker".

Reply to
Lordy

Which is obviously a big no, they shouldn't consider prosecuting him given the extenuating circumstances of both his journey's intention and travelling conditions.

The second Police force are just being tossers over it, but then - that's generally the Police all over for you so it's nothing to really get surprised about :/

Reply to
Lordy

I just hope you never need their services

The Gatso stuff should have been binned at source - harrasing emergency services is completely rediculous.

I think you may find this is just the start and that it will start a war against Gatsos

Reply to
Martin Imber

Are you completely and utterly retarded ?

I've clearly stated that I agree with the driver's decision to do what he did...

Yes, it should have, I agree 100%

Erm, prosecuting someone for having committed a crime is not "harrassment". The problem is that it should not have been a crime in the first place, and that's a result of the shitty legislation.

Ok, sure. Whatever.

Reply to
Lordy

An offense is an offense. It may be a valid and justifiable offense, but the legislation that the Ambulance Drivers work under makes what he did an offense.

My thoughts are 'what a retard for not being able to read properly' as you seem to be quoting something entirely different to what I stated.

I don't think he should be prosecuted, transporting organs in such an emergency shouldn't be exempted from Ambulance duties. But it *is* currently exempt and he made the journey *knowing* that he was breaking the law and hoping that if he got caught that the authorities would let him off due to the nature of his transgression.

Unfortunately, relying on the 'goodwill' of the Police is never a good idea at the best of times...

Reply to
Lordy

Yeah, I'm one of them.

Reply to
Nom

It is very unfortunate

Also this was aimed at the couple of people who thought he should be done

As to where this ends up in the thread - blaim O/E!!!

Reply to
Martin Imber

Ah, I apologise then - I didn't see anyone say he should be prosecuted.

Get a decent NewsReader then :)

Reply to
Lordy

Careful, he might chastise you out with the full brunt of his superior education (which is usually just a post that says "Bwahahahaa" or similiar).

Reply to
Lordy

Blimey...

:-)

BrianE

And he/she is still a friend of yours? :)

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

Ah. Without being disrespectful to the Carlton 2.6, which I'm sure is a fine car, that would be *Vauxhall's* 120-130 mph :).

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

A union? Why should anyone take their word over any other separate body, including private individuals? I'm not a member of the GMB. They are nothing to me.

Still, the GMB appears to be appealing on compassionate terms for mitigating circumstances to be taken into account, which seems to be too much for you (re. post concerning battered wife and/or dead/dying child).

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

Big difference between this and your original "f*ck him" sentiment at the beginning of the thread. All I'm saying.

"Crime" - ha, I guess now speeding at 1 am is right up there with beating grannies and mugging kids for mobiles, is it :).

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

I think he means indiscrimate application of the law without room for freedom of thought, consideration or mitigation.

Well, that's true. Humans create the law - humans apply the law. Neither legislation nor application is perfect. Where would *you* prefer the imperfections to lie?

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

He *knowingly* broke the law hoping that he would be let off if caught.

Yes, the Police force have been too harsh but that doesn't mean there should they should make such an uproar about it claiming it's so unfair.

Oh yes, I forgot, speeding isn't illegal on here.

*yawn*
Reply to
Lordy