Engine transplant

I have a 68' "westy" and plan on pulling the engine soon. I have never owned a bus before so I don't know about the rear engine mount. I have
two replacement motors to choose from for the transplant. Are the rear mounts adaptable to any or do you need special parts or modify the case?
href="http://community.webtv.net/weewiktype1/Dens1978Puma ">Den's 1978 Puma</a>

The engine should have three mounting points in the area of the caSe around the oil pump IRC. --Dan E
Dennis Wik wrote:

Look at the rear mount; it bolts to tapped holes in the case. The other cases may have the bosses cast in, which you could tap (with some care).
Careful of the clutch pressure plate issue; your '68 has the early throwout bearing and the pressure plate must match.
Speedy Jim http://www.nls.net/mp/volks /
Thanks for the info guys. Dennis
href="http://community.webtv.net/weewiktype1/Dens1978Puma ">Den's 1978 Puma</a>

I have a 68 bus engine. It has a 12 volt flyweel, a 180mm clutch and an early release bearing...
--
Eduardo Kaftanski | Darwin pone las reglas.
snipped-for-privacy@nn.cl | Murphy, la oportunidad.
Eduardo Kaftanski wrote:

Yes, that's correct. My point was, if he puts in say a '73 Beetle engine, it will have the "wrong" pressure plate on it and won't match his tranny. It's an easy thing to overlook when dragging an old engine out of storage for a swap. Jim
Saw an engine adapter for type II installs last night in jcw for 13.00. What is the down side to using the easy way? Will it not hold or hurt the case? Has anyone used a rear mount adapter with good results?
href="http://community.webtv.net/weewiktype1/Dens1978Puma ">Den's 1978 Puma</a>