Citroen XM TDi

You already have a Diesel, AND it's an Audi !

Reply to
Nom

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@withthanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The green hydraulic fluid.

Reply to
Adrian

The XUD9 (1.9 TD) and DW10 (2.0 HDI) engines have different heads, different pistons, a different bore, and different con-rods. The blocks are similar in the same way that the petrol and diesel engines are similar...

They have the same stroke length and are definately related in some respects but quite a lot of changes were made.

-- James

Reply to
James

LHM is "Liquide hydraulique minerale" or mineral hydraulic fluid. The same fluid is used in the brakes, the suspension and the power steering, and all three systems are connected.

-- James

Reply to
James

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@WithThanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And don't forget that you can drop the suspension flat to make the loading height even lower.

Reply to
Adrian

AstraVanMan ( snipped-for-privacy@WithThanks.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Anything but a 2.5td, though, just proves the theory...

2.0 turbo petrol :-
Adrian

Ummm.

Possibly.

Well, space isn't everything, but I am absolutely gobsmacked about how cavernous those XMs are - I never realised the boot floor was so low. Maybe one day I might consider one, but I'll keep the Audi for now!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I know!! I'm seriously almost tempted. There's another one on ebay as well, with a genuine 79k on, but with 7 days left, price at just over 2 grand and reserve not met, it looks like these things aren't cheap. Still, they've got a hell of a lot going for them, and if they're fetching as good money as that, it does piss all over the "french cars don't hold their value" argument somewhat.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Like I've always said, pick the right model (right = more desirable, cheaper running costs etc.) and it'll hold it's value surprisingly well.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

But how about this one?

Running costs = high. Space = absolutely huge. Gadgets = lots of. Desirability = reasonably high still.

I do want one. Especially the exclusive. I'm just dumbstruck by how bloody huge they are!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan