Civic Type R v Clio 182

there is a mondeo V8 isnt there? in australia??? falcon summat.

Reply to
Theo
[...]

You should check out ALPINA B10s - finely tuned conventional suspension rather than expensive electronic stuff.

I've stayed with a M5 cross country. :)

Alistair J Murray

Well get one that's had fairly recent shocks, and keep it for long enough to not need to replace them. Simple!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

We had a Falcon many many moons ago as a hire car on holiday out in Oz - it was based on a Mk3 (latest shape) Granada IIRC.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I was beaten to it. No, Ford don't quite, but just about...

Reply to
DervMan

V8 focus

V8 Calibra (would probably fit in a cavalier)

Tim S Kemp

They are pretty massive. I swapped with a mate for his 260kw V8 ute one the other day and it was a foot longer than my wifes Musso.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

What about all the rest of the car ?

Just about every bit of the M5 has had loonatic-pricing applied to it.

So if I didn't want to have any large bills, I'd have to find one that had had fairly recent almost-everything-that-wears-out :)

Reply to
Nom
[...]

General E39 parts are not too bad.

Very little wears out - tyres, bushes, wiper blades.

Alistair J Murray

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.ntlworld.com, LordyUK decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

That's because, apart from the Focus and Mondeo - which are unfortunately wrong wheel drive, none of them deserve a V8.

Reply to
Pete M