Corolla Gt Coupe Wanted

Hi Looking for a Corolla Gt Coupe (rwd) A to E reg. Does anyone have one or know of one coming up for sale

TIA Mike snipped-for-privacy@glassmaster.freeserve.co.uk

Reply to
m.wilkinson3

They're like hens teeth, seem to a be a few more in Ireland. There was one in Autotrader a bit back, but they wanted silly money for it. I take it you mean the AE86?

Reply to
Doki

Out of interest, what's so massively good about the AE86 that makes them worth 3 - 5 grand in autotrader?

Reply to
Doki

Reply to
m.wilkinson3

Bit like the 200SX. Nicely balanced, RW drive, and a twincam engine that could be taken out to 250BHP without becoming fragile.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Nothing that's worth 5k in my opinion. I bought one in excellent condition 9 years ago for less than 2k and sold it a year later for even less, wish I had known the prices were going to go through the roof. They're fun to drive but a bit underpowered to really have fun with, straight line speed is more or less equal to a Mk1 Golf GTI 1.6. You can get much better cars for 5k but I suppose as long as people won't them, you are going to get zero depreciation if you buy one and look after it.

Homer.

Reply to
Homer

Homer

Nothing.

But the 200SX is a much better car ! And it's prices are much more reasonable :)

Reply to
Nom