Donations to a fund in Dan's memory ?

Just a thought.

Realistically, I along with others couldn't get along for the funeral. As well as that, I'm sure there will be loads of flowers there.

My suggestion.

Creatr an account on

in Dan's name. Donate the funds to one of the cancer charities and tick the box for gift aid. They take all sorts of payment including paypal.

That way, the money does something useful and Dan's family get to know that we all remember the lad with fondness and respect.

Just a thought, that's all.

Any input welcome.

Cheers

John F

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Donating directly to cancer charities will mean the charity gets more of the money.

Reply to
Adrian

As Nom is back about, someone ask him if the family have any favoured charity, maybe the hospice that gave Dan that bit of respite care toward the end, or if there is a children's cancer ward at Jimmies.

I guess most of us, including trying to make it, will put something in.

Reply to
Elder

That works for me.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I've got an old Renault badge somewhere, will that do?

Reply to
Pete M

If it is a proper old one, ebay it and donate the proceeds. You didn't expect that did you.

Reply to
Elder

That sounds like a good idea, just be sure that the charity is one that the family approve.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yes indeed, totally agree.

If anyone is perhaps speaking to any of the family, they might be able to find this out.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

As per the other thread :

is our preferred charity. They pay for Doctor's Contracts and Medical Research and Equipment, and they make the teenage unit in Leeds bearable (ie, it's equipped with Playstations and stuff). A brilliant bunch of folk if ever there was one. I suspect this will involve someone sorting out a collection, and then posting a cheque - there's not much information on their website...

Reply to
Nom

See my other post. Dan was actually at home with friends and family for the entire time over the last year or so. I think the only time spent away was for a couple of days at St Catherine's Hospice in Scarborough last year, when they were learning how to cope with being immobile.

Reply to
Nom

Nom

Sorted

Cheers

John F

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Cheers for sorting that out dude.

Reply to
albert_t_cone

K3wL, thanks for setting that up.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Don't know if Tim or Derv are in contact with Dan's family, but other than Nom (who poked his head in the other day), it might be worth sending a message to Dan's facebook, as his mate Andy who kept everyone informed of latest happenings may well still check it for any messages - I guess he'd probably be in touch with the family.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

That was what I meant. Not the end, end, but when he needed that little more help.

He said himself that it did him a lot of good, and I imagine it helped your folks cope too.

Reply to
Elder

Already done :)

Reply to