Dodgy ebay items?

What's wrong with this picture:

Bit cheap aren't they? And look a bit similar too...

Reply to
Tom Robinson

that porsche looks nothing like an X5? :)

Reply to
Vamp

lol

hmm must be a paypal scam, using unconfirmed addy accounts to an offshore account?

Reply to
REMUS

bank account even >_<

Reply to
REMUS

Its a hijack, someones nicked his password and mucking about :)

Noone would jepordise a 110 feedback account on such a pointless auction, if it was 20 ps2 at 90 quid each then he might be doing a runner.

Reply to
Ronny

Something definatley not right at those prices.

Been looking where it says you are paying for info about the cars, or that it is a photo of the car, or that you are buying a 100% replica scale model of the real car, but I can't find it anywhere in those adds.

And what is with the Yahoo Spain email addresses?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Interesting, that was the false identity favoured by a Romanian scam group I was stalking for a while. Used to offer laptops, plasma screens, etc, all at rock bottom prices. Kept recycling the same pictures and dodging about with different disposable email addresses and paypal mechanisms.

I heard they finally caught them. But..?

Reply to
Questions

Isn't selling cars on ebay a bit of a crap way to operate a paypal scam? Surely if you're buying a car, you're going to want to go and actually get it and pay cash or something. Laptops etc would be much better.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Didn't see the original advert so I've no idea how they were doing things, but the original scam was basically just a "send me money" type where you sent off the money and that was that. Not very sophisticated.

I'd agree that a car sale was a poor way of scamming but if you required the cheque to clear before collecting..? I dunno. Paypal seems a *very* odd way to pay for a car, but then you can trace where a cheque goes, can't you?

Reply to
Questions