Grrrr...

...as if I don't have enough old tat on the drive already, I keep getting the urge to have a deal with my mate on his E reg Series 2 RS Turbo.

And I've seen a Maestro Turbo in what looks like reasonable condition, at a reasonable price too.

*sob*
Reply to
JackH

urge to have a deal

reasonable price too.

RS turbo slow as f*ck for a turbo car if you ask me, 0-60mph is something gay like 9secs?

maestro *shudder*

go to bed and hope the nasty thoughts have gone by morning

Reply to
Vamp

its 8 secs, but remember, the standard car is only 130 brake, and most are shagged now...

If you can find a solid one they will do 0-60 in 6.8secs...torque steer city!

Reply to
chris

love maestro turbo's just for the sheer blown away by the shittest car ever factor

Reply to
Theo

Yep, that is the effect of a vast powerful turbo engine through a very crap nbritish chassis.

Bloody quick though. One of the fastest FWD cars at ten of the best each year is the modded white Maestro turbo. It's had a "Little" work and is something like 350bhp.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

...infact it runs around 500bhp (!) and is consistently the fastest FWD in the UK.

And it can crack 100mph in 7.5 seconds !

And it's not white anymore -->

:)

Reply to
Nom

Not with a hybrid turbo etc., they aren't... which this one has.

Solid tappets a must in the longer term though, IME.

See... this is exactly why I want another one - reactions like this. ;-)

Reply to
JackH

This one had a replacement lump a few months ago, and a hybrid turbo fitted at the same time.

Reply to
JackH

They might have a piss poor image, but if you can find a solid one (and they do exist), they're not a bad car in the company of its contemporaries, such as the Mk2 GTE, and RS Turbo.

Reply to
JackH

A T16, for one thing.

Still, given all the other mods, one assumes the head has been off, and the modded, non oil leaking head gasket has been fitted. ;-)

And it still has rear drum brakes... I like... lol.

Reply to
JackH

Got it gets better all the time. Haven't seen it since last years TOTB on telly, didn't make it down to this years (wanted to but no time).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, "JackH" slurred :

There were only about 500 made, so they have a semi-cult following and cost an imperial fortune - you are looking at £2k for one in decent nick, and closer to £3.5k for a mint one. You would have to be mad to pay that for a maestro, even a bastard quick one, when you can have better and faster cars for less.

That said, if the one you have seen is going for a reasonable price, then it might be a good investment, even if you just flog it on

or somewhere. Albert

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Slower than that isn't it? The Exploder is faster than the RS Turbo.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It wouldn't be this one by any chance, would it?

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Judging by the way many gay blokes jump into bed at the drop of a hat, I'd say fast would describe them somewhat more accurately?

You ever driven a petrol turbo? Seriously quick...

Even the first MG with twin DCOE Webers was a hoot to drive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its supposed to be 7.2 seconds, 160BHP but my old Capri 2.8i beat them hands down. Guess thats what you get for having a RST driver afraid to rev the engine.

Reply to
Conor

The piss poor image is great when you blow away some modern pride and joy, though. Nice to see the driver's face match the colour of his baseball cap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Wonder if the Montego version costs as much? I'd say it's got an even worse 'image'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com, Conor slurred :

Um, at least for the S2 RS turbo the official stats were: peak power was 132 bhp at 5750 rpm peak torque was 133 lb/ft at 2750 rpm.

0-60: 8.2 seconds 1/4 Mile: 16.8 seconds Max Speed: 128mph
Reply to
Albert T Cone

havn't got a clue were you got that info, but it seems even max power are more clued up...

Reply to
REMUS