Doh

You lucky Fecker :o)

Reply to
Mason

A crease in the B pillar, that sounds like a write off then I'm afraid. I can't believe you found anything softer than a 106 though.

Reply to
Depresion

so, you were going backwards she was going backwards you heard her car, stopped to see where the noise was coming from, BANG out of nowhere she'd clumped the side of your car

claim it of her insurance and be done with it in fact, get someone to write a letter to her insurance company asking for an outcome to this incident, you never know I went to a claims management company and my insurance company didn't even need to know that they paid out for repairs and I got a loan car for 10 days :)

I had to wait 6 months before I got a payout on a prang I had stopped to let the traffic past and this old giffer reveredout of his driveway into the side of me we both got out he had a look and drove back in again and walked off I just stood there thinking "WTF?!?!?!?!" and then did an accident report at the plod station job done

Reply to
dojj

Oooh, back in '95 or so, I was driving along in an old 205 "base". It actually said that on the logbook. God knows why I had it. Anyway, this silvery-green Cortina estate turned into the junction where I was waiting, and smacked into the passenger door then drove off.

Collected the corner bumper (brain goes: Mk V Cortina estate) which had overspray on it. Went to the Police and reported it, then the next morning, drove around to each garage in the town. Sure enough, at the dodgiest one of the lot, there was my Cinderella waiting for her corner-bumper slipper. I subtlely asked the owner, implying I was interested in the car, who owned it. Got the registration, reported that to the Police - who said that they intended to press charges, especially since there was an implication of drunk driving...

And then went to the bloke's house. Retirement mobile home. Showed him the corner bumper and the dent, explained what had happened, and that failure to stop after an accident was an offence. Can't remember if he gave me £100 or £200, but either way his parting comment was "you won't press charges, will you?"

Smiled, turned and said "No. /I/ won't".

Drunken old fart. Didn't see that car back on the road for some time.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Give someone like Helphire a tenner then.

Reply to
Doki

I thought you only paid a few hundred quid for it ?? Obviously if it's worth a couple of grand, then things are slightly different :)

So that does kinda sound like it's her fault - she reversed into you. Outcome will probably be 50:50 though - she'll just say she was already reversing out, and you just swung round into the back of her car.

Reply to
Nom

Maybe not that much, but probably around grand :)

Exactly. But you can see from the direction of the scrape that she clearly reversed quite hard into me and scraped down the side of the car. Just filling in a statement, and drawing pictures for the insurance co now, so we shall see...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs