Hmm. Might be becoming a Range Roverist again

Mate of mine has offered me a K plate Rangey 3.9 Vogue auto as a swap for the Merc and the Capri..

Damn tempted I am.

Reply to
Pete M

I knew you shoulda never sold that turbo kit...

Reply to
fishman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, fishman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

The turbo kit was for a carb one... this is EFi.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote

Ergh, turbo plus carb? Mind you my mates Y10 turbo *ran* OK with them , just needed constant fettling and returned 11mpg... from a 1 litre engine!

Mind you, I remember you mentioning all these VAG FSI engines melting pistons and whatnot through running lean or whatever? WTF are they doing turboing an FSI engine in the new Golf GTI and A4 if they can't run NA without melting pistons??!

Reply to
fishman

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, fishman decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I'm pretty sure VAG have got the hang of turbocharging stuff by now.

The FSi motored Golfs were bloody awful though, although I've not tried the

2.0
Reply to
Pete M

It won't run lean on boost...

Mitsubishi got the lean burn thing cracked years ago - VW should have just licensed it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Isn't there an issue with the FSi engines and UK petrol, or summink?

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

You know what they used to say about guys who drive big flashy sports cars as compensation for having a small weener - well, what do SUVs say about their drivers then?!! ;-p

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

big fat arses that need to get moved??

Lost..

Reply to
Lostin1999

"Bigus" wrote

I bloody hate SUVs and 4x4 and all those useless rubbish cars that only farmers should buy but a Range Rover is the cheapest way of getting into something with a V8

The other night, I drove home from work beeping at every 4x4 I saw. They probably thought "crazy old dude in a micra" as it was too dark for them to realise the only correct parts of their thought were "crazy" and "micra"

Reply to
fishman

Lucky you don't live near me, I beeped at and then ran over every stupid little micra that I saw on my way home from work last night.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

So because you obvioulsy think most SUV's are driven badly you decide to combat this by drvingin badly?

nice.

Not to metion the fact all you will actually achieve is to anger someone drving two tons of barge probably causing them to drive the rest of their journey aggressively

Reply to
Mason

In news:41fa4497$0$47263$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net, Mason decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

having just read Fishmans anti-4x4 rant in another thread I'm beginning to think he's got serious mental problems regarding 4x4s. Psychiatrist worthy ones. However, if his anti off roader ranting is even in the smallest part meant to stop people from driving 4x4s through small villages then I'm afraid to say I'll be driving the Range Rover through Lymm on a regular basis...

Reply to
Pete M

I drive about 3 tons of refrigerated shopping about this fair city for a living day in and day out. People flash their lights, gesticulate wildly and beep their horns on a quite regular basis, I'm fairly sure its directed at me a good proportion of the time but I don't think it makes me drive agressively.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

"Pete M" wrote

Everything's relative and in here, I'm only slightly strange :)

If you need it to tow something with then fair dos

Reply to
fishman

"Mason" wrote

Have you heard the horn on an '86 Micra? I'm pretty sure that all the drivers of the 4x4s thought that a duck was quacking loudly somewhere.

Maybe one day I'll drive a 4x4 and realise what all of the fuss is about. I daresay it'd be nicer to drive than the micra :)

Reply to
fishman

Just got an invitation for a Range Rover Sport (390 supercharged ponies), mine for a week. I thought not to take on the offer but after reading your comment I will reconsider. Where do you live exactly?

Oh and it's a kind of orange, not particulary nice but then again, easy to recognise on the remains of a micra, bloody noisy horn-blowing things, mostly driven by ranting old dudes and ladies with hats, just waiting to die another day.

Why doesn't Range put a manual gearbox in the car?

Tom - don't like auto-boxes- De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Why they say "I'm 25% more lightly to be in a crash" about there drivers if you believe Churchill.

Depresion

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Depresion decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

it's bit the dust anyway... looks like I'm going to have to enjoy the comfort of my Merc for a while longer.

Reply to
Pete M

25% more lightly? Aren't rangerovers about 70% less light than the average car?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp