Driveing shoes

What do you wear when you are going on a long journey? Or specifically for pleasure?

I normally wear my DC's which have good ankle support for when i'm skateing, but arn't very good when driveing because they are quite wide and have pretty sticky soles.

Reply to
REMUS

If I'm driving longer than a few hours, I would normally take my shoes off! Other than that, my Adidas Tuscany's or my work shoes.

Reply to
[-=Dan=-]

I drove barefoot pretty much all the way from Budapest to St Albans. I've discovered that one of life's pleasures is having air conditioned air blowing on your bare feet

Reply to
fishman

Decent close fitting trainers or oldskool vans style skate shoes.Normally low tops. Can hardly drive at all in my shoes or boots.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Airwalk skate shoe/trainer things. Don't own any more footwear except my slippers :)

Reply to
DanTXD

(you know where the HC is - point out the rule...)

Mate's mum thought so, and went to the bother of telling plod, since said mate was in the habit of going everywhere barefoot. Plod told her she was wrong.

I generally prefer socks or bare feet, but this is at least partly because my previous car had the pedals too close together after mending the pedal box.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Ewww. Chav trainers ;-)

You want some old school classics like the Samba for driving. I've had mine for about 15 years now, and they're still going strong.

Reply to
SteveH

I've been told by a plod that I shouldn't have been driving without shoes on. I didn't really feel like asking for details of specific rules and guidelines at the time though.

I tried driving my mate's Metro with shoes on once. It didn't work, but I have size 12 feet.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne