EcoCar?!

I like car tv shows (top gear and the like) but saw on tv an eco car made by two guys in a show called chop shop...i think the show starts later this year. Anyone heard of it?

Reply to
SpringBok

Nope. It's not exactly hard to do though. Lighten everything, fit narrow tyres, and aerodynamic wheel trims and a flat undertray. Although I suspect results will depend on what you start with - the Citroen AX and ZX both seem to be designed with lightweight and economy in mind, so there'll be less to gain.

Reply to
Doki

Pimp my Ride did one. A 1965 Chevy Impala with a Duramax diesel running 100% biodiesel, 1400ft/lb of torque, 800hp (1280 & 622 at the wheels) and an 11.5 second 1/4 mile pass. Will do 20mpg as well.

Reply to
Depresion

Ah cool...all very impressive. I guess that's the way things are going to go in the future...well impressed when people like chop shop and pimp my ride lead the way! About time really...

Reply to
SpringBok via CarKB.com