Evo looks yummy this month.

Just picked it up, can't wait to read the GT40 article, and the Enzo V Zonda V Koenigsegg

And who would have thought that VW would be going all out to be the top Supercar manufacturer with it's various group offerings

With the Lambo Gallardo the Bugatti Veyron The Audi Based on the Gallardo The VW Concept R The Bentley Continental GT Oh, and the Octavia and Fabia vRS covering Petrol and Diesel family rocket Hatches.

Not bad for a company based on the "People's Car"

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

There's some good reading in there! The bit on Paddy Hopkirks Monte Carlo Rally winning mini was most interesting. In fact its a miracle it ever won! I would say the car is road rally spec, yet it pissed all over the competition. Real David and Goliath stuff!

Also (on similar lines) Duke Video are bringing out a DVD on Group B rally cars, that i would recommend to everyone. I think it shows the notorious

405T16 doing Pikes Peak (posted here a while back). Hopefully the rest of the DVD will be just as entertaining! Its released in a couple of weeks (already ordered mine!).
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The subscription I got for my birthday was one of the best presents..

Cracking read every month..

Reply to
=CBH= Carnage

It's hardly a surprise they have been making polos for years. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

I just subscribed. Never read it before, but with the death of CCC, I needed a new fix. Hope it's good - can't really go wrong at £1 for three issues :)

They've got both ends of the spectrum. Their next car is to be called the Fox, and it's basically a budget Polo. They aim to sell 1,000,000 per year, and it's reportedly very safe cos things like ABS are standard fit. When launched, it will become Britain's cheapest new car, at £5000.

Reply to
Nom

That will confuse the Americans as they had a fox in the mid '80s with an inline engine rather than transverse (between the Jetta and Passat in size)

Reply to
Depresion

i thought the fox was a polo....

Reply to
Theo

No there was a polo fox as well but that was just a special edition of the Mk3 though I never got to grips with what extra it got. The Fox was only made in Brazil with 1.8L engines where as the polo started life produced in Wolfsburg Germany but production was moved to the Spain plant in the mid '80s for all but a few cars (mainly G40s).

The VW fox:

Depresion

The Polo Fox comes without a radio, cigar lighter or power steering, the engine is a 50 brake 1litre IIRC. It does have blue / green go faster stripes down the side, and a similar design on the grey seats. My Mum has one, and it's a sub-basic horror box. They made at least 2 sorts of Polo Fox - the kind with round headlights, and the kind with square, and I think they all had 3 doors.

Reply to
Doki

Their NEW one is a COMPLETELY different car. It's just based on the Polo's floorpan - it's not actually a Polo.

And "Fox" is just the working title. Can't remember where I was reading the article - I think it was AutoExpress ?

Reply to
Nom