Fiesta Zetec-S 54 Plate 1.6 TDCi

Oh, but there is.

They're the ones that don't rust around the fuel filler.

Reply to
SteveH

Lord, i'm tempted to Google for the original debate :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Then they'd not sell any ST150's which cost em afair bit to make the Duratec make 150bhp.

Tim,,

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Think you would find a well driven 165 section tyred Ka would whip the Fester TD on any sort of twisty road no problems!

A 1.4 Si Fester (lower gearing that the other derivitives) would be the fastest though

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

The 1.8 Focus uses the iB5 box too, only the 2.0litre versions use the MTX75.

However the few 1.8 T190 turbo cars produced by GMC also run the stock clutch and iB5 box, producing what must be alot more than 130Nm of torque and they are known to be fairly reliable.

I think its more to do with the high torque at low revs (i.e. a turbo D) that kills em.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Bit of a strange argument. What if the Fester was 'well driven' too...

Think you meant "least slowest" :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

And how is that not "proper" ?

I'm not over keen on Fords, but slating 'em because they don't put discs on the back is a bit nearsighted. I much prefer drums on the rear, almost maintenance-free, cheap to recon, more stopping power than the rear will ever need and all the moving parts are hidden away from all road-salt and crap.

Every car I've owned with rear discs has cost me a small fortune when it came time to service the rears...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)