Ford Escort 1.4i

Hi Group,

Could someone possible help me?

My 94 Escort has now done about 110k so its time for bit of a tidy up engine wise, the cars in excellent condition just no power any more and it very flat:(

What do i need to look at on the engine side of thinks, I was gonna pull the top end off and re-grind the valve`s in (Or shud i use knew one`s) replace the springs and tappits. Ob new head gasket set etc etc. Full Service.

I`ve checked the compression and everything on there is good

Anybody think/suggest anything else, that needs doing?

Anybody know of a good website to show an engine re-build?

Also how long is a oil pump expacted to last?

Thanks in advance

Regards Si

Reply to
Dongo!

Why do you want to lap in the valves then if you have good compression ?

Is your engine a CVH ? If it is, get a hold of a low mileage 1.6CVH. That will be the easiest way to get a little more power.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle
110k and it's going weak? that's a bit crap but typical Ford, my MR2 has 126k and drives like it should :)

but yeah if you like it that much get an engine swap with a lower millage engine done.

Reply to
vamp

Heh, it's a CVH, that's how it's meant to be.

Reply to
Lordy

But all 1.4 CVHs are like that, even from new!

Try driving it back to back with a newer, lower mileage 1.4 Escort, to see if it's much different.

Reply to
DervMan

Throw it in the bin and fit a 1.6.

Reply to