FS: 2003 S-Type Jagar 3.0 V6 Manual (Red) - 47k and FJSH

MINT 3-yr old S-Type Jaguar for sale. I got sent by the parents to go buy a 5yr old Mondeo/Vectra at auciton and got a little carried away. They don't want it, I can't afford to keep it, so I need to sell before the end of the month comes and I get hit with my card bill...

m.a.cosic

Am I missing something here, 'cos I can't see an asking price.

Hope it was cheap, 'cos it's the spec. no-one wants..... cloth and manual, in a Jag. Eurgh!

Reply to
SteveH

And the 3 litre as well. You'll have to take a hit if you want to sell it quickly. Put it back into the auction.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Poverty spec shitbox, and you're a chancer of a dealer. HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

He's not a dealer, used to be a reg here.

Reply to
DanTXD

Hmmm buys at auction, attempts to sell on, that makes him a dealer.

Reply to
Steve Firth

IIRC he's a Land Rover nut who started by putting a 2.0 in one, then went on to fit a 620ti turbo motor into one. Which naturally, blew it to pieces :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Nah, Marco has been posting here since he blew up his first turbo petrol Landie looney car that he built in his, after school

Reply to
Elder

Err, arse!

Asking 8500.

Cloth rocks! I've got leather in the Land-Rover because its hardwearing and you can hose s**te off it, but you pay for that with it being cold in winter, hot in summer and you slide all over the shop around corners. Cloth is warmer in winter, cooler in summer and grips your bum/midriff around the twisties. Leather as a 'luxury' item is clever marketing people for you - as it's rubbish in a car unless its 1) a

4x4, 2) a taxi or 3) you've sproglets.

Manual vs Auto? Amuptees and cripples drive autos - they're horrid! (especially the new 6-speeder ZF - if you want an auto S-Type make sure it's pre-facelift)

Reply to
m.a.cosic

Works fine in the 650kg JP1, but struggles to drag the S type around at anything other than steady pace without having to be revved.

Auto V8 Leather, the only spec that works.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

*cough* :)

This is true of any current or recent Jag with a petrol V6, though...

If you're going to run to a Jag, get a proper one..?

Reply to
DervMan

Exactly, preferably one made from aluminium.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Wonder if they'll be better when they switch to the Volvo I6 motor.

XJR.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Well, it's more fitting for a Jag. than a Ford V6.

Heh.

Reply to
SteveH

Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Ford... owned by Ford...

Reply to
DervMan

Reply to
m.a.cosic

Nice one :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Yes, but you are missing the point. Instead of replacing the XK I6 with a ford V6, they will be putting the newer Volow I6 in. The proper configuration for a Jag.

Reply to
Elder

Erm, isn't that what I was saying?

Reply to