Gold, Silver, Bronze awards..Steve Firth, AstraVanMan, PC Paul

I know you guys have stuck in the odd jibe here and there in my posts but nothing too below the belt, but after reading the thread entitled "Cancel car insurance, pay 80% premium?", what a *fantastic* debate!

That idiot Chris Thomas would *not* give up, even when he was clearly in the wrong! Wish I'd been there!

Steve Firth, you gave the best argument, gold star for you, AstraVanMan, you come in at silver - factual but to the point, and PC paul with a few choice comments makes bronze...But where the hell was Lordy through all this? though he'd never miss a debate like that!!:)

Worth a read :)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

Aww shucks, don't....

Lordy wasn't anywhere till recvently. In fact I don't really recall seeing him here at all until you came along trying to live up to him.

Maybe I plonked him first time I saw him, who knows.

Reply to
PC Paul

Indeed. May I refer you to my recent statement...

"I've now probably made more posts here in the last week or so than I have in the last two years, I'm sure sure all the regulars here will be lining up to thank you because of that :)))"

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I've not seen it, is that in .misc ? Busy for a couple of hours, might drop in and have a look later.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It is, almost 500 posts, you should have been there! Steve Firth was

*not* going to lose the debate :)
Reply to
Lordy. UK

'cos he was right.

Anyway that one's long dead now.

Reply to
PC Paul

I've had this window open for ages, ready to reply, and can't honestly remember what I intended to write, only that I thought twice about feeding the quasi-troll that is "Lordy. UK" (with the space, yes, don't think we haven't noticed), but contrary to popular opinion, I actually think he's becoming marginally less annoying than before, so I'll merit this with just a brief reply:

Wow. A silver medal. I've never won a medal before.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

A *little* less annoying, maybe. Still nowhere near the subtlety required for a true troll.

But what's this 'few choice comments'? I thought I made some very well argued points that served to keep the thread simmering along nicely for ages longer than it's natural lifetime ;-)

Reply to
PC Paul

It *was* a good debate (all 400 odd posts of it):)

Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy. UK

There's many an hour to be wasted reading through old usenet threads/debates.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah, this life thingy goes on far too long anyway...

Reply to
PC Paul

Indeed, particularly at work :)

Lordy.UK