Will this fit a 300series Disco ?

It will do if it's a Series 2 like it says. 300 was the engine type not the bodyshell type

Reply to
Hirsty's

Reply to
StaffBull

Hmmm, maybe, but probably not I'd venture.

Series 2 front end is different to the 300 series. The main question is the width of the chassis rails - not sure if this was different between the 300 and Series 2 Discoveries.

The other question is how far forward the bumper protrudes. I don't recall ever seeing a bar that was advertised to fit both vehicles.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Sun, 28 Nov 2004 19:31:54 -0000, "StaffBull" enlightened us thusly:

The 300-type and 200-type (i.e. disco I) are interchangeable, the bar fits on the bumper mounts. However, to be sure of a Disco II one fitting you'd need to find one with an A-bar or bullbar and crawl under the front and look/measure.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
StaffBull

The Series II Discoverey is completely different to the

300Tdi (exept the gearbox) - very littlewould swap over without modification/major work.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Vie just had an e mail from MM4x4 saying that the a bar they advertise for the 200 tdi wont fit my 300tdi and have quoted me another price of £150 extra, are they trying to pull a fast one?

StaffBull

The only differences between the 200 and 300's are the plastic bits that attach to the bumper itself. If you're prepared to cut the front skirt (which is considerably bigger on the 300) then the 200 bar should fit. I did this with my 300Tdi to mount a bull bar from a 200.

The chassis rails and mounting holes are exactly the same - they use the same chassis :-)

Regards

Steve G

StaffBull wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

If it saves me £150 what do I cut it with - angle grinder or jigsaw ?

Thanks.

Reply to
StaffBull

On or around Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:55:23 GMT, "SteveG enlightened us thusly:

similarly, my 200 type has a bullbar originally off a 300 type, on the bar itself, a genuine LR one, no less, it says "Range Rover".

So I don't see why it won't fit, unless they use very non-standard fittings. Standard fittings appear to be plain 6mm plate or thereabouts.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is it OK to post a small pic of the bar on the group - I don't want to get flamed?

Ta

StaffBull

It's only plastic! No need to get the angle grinder out - I used a junior hacksaw and a stanley knife to finish off the edges.

Regards

Steve G

StaffBull wrote:

Reply to