Posting an interior

Has anyone ever posted an interior? (door cards front seats and rear bench) I was wondering how much it would cost?

Do you think it would be chavish if I got some black reclineing bucket seats for the GTi?

Reply to
REMUS

Rough guess going by ebay £50-100 depending on the car (leather 'leccy seats are heavy)

Chav is a state of mind. Are you also 17, have a 12 year old girlfriend drive a Nova/saxo/corsa listen to bad music drink and drive, do (well attempt) burnouts at any opportunity or think it's cool to "race" round the local Asda carpark?

Reply to
Depresion

Use a courier.

Reply to
Conor

Yeah, a GTi is fast for some one my age, 8.3sec 0-60 and maybe sub 8sec with the headwork and cam's but I only really see a point in buckets if its for a track car or for a sub 7sec 0-60 type performance car. But since the rear bench is in perfect condition in the Golf and I figured that after postage is factored in the seats will proberbly cost around £60-70 each and i've seen fairly good quality bucket seats go for slightly more inc postage on ebay.

I was however thinking about getting some calibra leather front seats and changeing the subframes, but of course unless I get the rear bench re-trimmed it may look a bit strange... what do you think? I have heard of this being done before so it is possible as far as I know (but I havn't seen a pic).

Reply to
REMUS

It's defiantly possible to do that as I run Porsche seats in one of my polos and MG seats in a Karmann Ghia.

Reply to
Depresion

Surely not!

When I need to send stuff, I always use a fishmonger :o)

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

I know someone with Grandad seats in a MK1. Wrongest lookign thing EVER.

Reply to
doki

...when it was new. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

You're based down in Wales, IIRC... if you find anything between there, and Kent, I *may* be able to do you a good deal on collecting and delivering it - depends what exactly is onboard for delivery, and where it's going, elsewhere that week.

Who cares what anyone else thinks... so long as *you* like it, that's what's important... but if you started wearing a burberry cap, we might have to send the secret taste police along, to kill you. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

What do you mean started? He posted photo evidence last year, just before pissed off.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Christ was that really last year? Time flies when you're, urm, having fun...

Reply to
DanTXD

What photo evidence, the Daewoo?

Reply to
REMUS

Cheers!

Does anyone know of some good bucket seat brands? I only know of:

Cobreau Cobra Recaro Rage Sparco

I just had a quick look on ebay and found these:

the colour scheme would match my car really well, but "Urban X" kind of screams really shit quality doesn't it? I bid £200 on these but didn't meet the reserve:
hopefully (although doubtful) I could get a 2nd chance offer.

Reply to
REMUS

The Burberry cap. And the photo without it, in the kitchen, in black, with the gothlike long hair.

ringing any bells yet?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They are the good brands.

The Urban X in Grey look quite nice, but you may have to weld to get them to fit.

Sparcos are good.

These Recaros style seats are nice but pricey for copies.

buy a set of Golf Subframes, and away you go.
Might fit Golf recaro rails.
What about a Recaro Golf G60 interior.
If you are feeling rich.
I'm sure some golf owner has adapted Golf IV seats to earlier ones, if it needs it.

Or, find a set from something else, and get it adapted for the fronts, and get the rears recovered in leather to match.

if it is a 5 door, Saab 9000 seats are very nice, made by recaro, heated and electrically adjustable.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

With a bit of fettling, and maybe some scrapyard butchery of a 9000 to get some catches fitted, these might fit. not as nice as the Aero ones, but very comfy.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

It's a big job as they use totally different runners. IIRC the Mk2 golf will take the sportier seats from the corrado with no work at all up front.

Reply to
Depresion

lol, that was on my landing in a mirror and I was missing a burberry cap ;) I still have that pic some where....

my hair is about 3" longer now :D it's a requirement of black metal though!

Reply to
REMUS
=

I really am torn, I really like the G60 front seats but the rears are a bit of a sickly contrast (i know the front and back colour combo is the same but the rears just look naff for some reason), they are however a vast improvement over the current set!

Thanks for the effort Sleeker!

No its a 3 door which is why I need a tipping mechanism, which is why I suggested bucket seatage.

Reply to
REMUS

Saab 9000 Aero Recaros are bucket recliners, they just don't tilt forward.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar