The ebay resistor scam moves on

Perhaps the market is now ready for variable resistors!

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

Came up as an invalid item Cheers

60&rd=1

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Try that

Reply to
Ronny

Yeah, "change the air filter at the same time" - You won`t know what improved performance!!!!!!! Ha Ha!

timmmmayyy!

Reminds Me of the film: This is spinal tap. "most amps go to 10, this goes to 11!!!!!!!!"

timmmmayyy!

Hmm, you bastard s**te.

I've just asked a question "How is the scale on the adjuster knob graduated? Does it go upto 11? I need one that goes upto 11 to be faster than me mates. They have one, but theirs only goes upto 10, and 11 has got to be better than 10 innit." to the seller.

I wonder if he will put it and the answer on the listing.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I wish i thought of asking that!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

What a knob!

;)

Reply to
Chris B

Lol carl, look forward to hearing his response :)

Shame he doesnt recommend it for turbo cars, I was all set to hand over 10 quid :(

Reply to
Ronny

LOL! I thought of that scene as soon as i seen the pic

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Possibly sold, yey!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 - But soon a fancy T28!1998 Audi A4 - For Sale

Reply to
Chet

I recon it's someone on here as I suggested that when we first discussed the resistor scams. Knew I should have nipped down to the patent office.

Reply to
Depresion

I think you'd have to change all the controls in your car to match it though. For a 70's music centre kind of look.

Reply to
Mark W

Air gets denser by 3% per 10C. If you trick the ecu into thinking the air is 0c instead of 20c you will only get 6% more fuel, your power will probally increase by only 3 - 4%.

To get 20hp your engine would have to be very powerful in the first place,

600hp+ by my guestimation.

Whats your opnion(s)??

timmmmayyy!

It's a long standing "tweak" for Jaguars with an automatic gearbox with "Sport" mode. The switch between normal and sport is done my switching in a resistor. Smart geeks replace the resistor with a variable resistor which allows them to change the shift points for the gearbox on the fly.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You mean you power will DECREASE by 3 - 4%.

Your engine is ALREADY putting in the right amount of fuel ! If you make it put MORE in, then you've got too much !

Reply to
Nom

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Only when it's running closed loop - which it doesn't do at WOT.

And surely that's exactly happens at WOT ?

Reply to
Nom

You are assuming that the car in question has a lambda sensor to operate in closed loop, older injection systems had no lambda sensor.

At WOT most systems do not run much richer than 14.7. Why when you add a superchip, you can add up to 10% power > > no increase, a car will fuel to give an ideal af ratio of 14.7:1. >

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Since 1992, approximately 99.99% of cars have had a Lambda sensor :)

Agreed.

You can't - chipping an NA car does approximately bugger-all for most modern engines :)

Reply to
Nom

If you alter the fuelling to cars with a cat, the lambda sensor will simply try to put it back to where it should be.

If you fool the engine into thinking it's cold and to run open loop where the lambda sensor has less or no control, there's a good chance you'll kill the cat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)