Hmmm, I appear to be modding a car

It's just that it's hard to have missed SteveH mentioning more than a few times about the drivetrain layout of the 75.

Well, given that most of the time there's ever been a FWD/RWD debate, both you and SteveH have both been present, and the chances are Steve would have mentioned the fact that his 75 has a brilliant RWD transaxle setup, you must have a pretty s**te memory.

Like I've said, it's not like 'old-skool' Alfas have never been mentioned on here.

It was about as relevant as your point.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I didn't know off the top of head - cos s**te old PeteM style cars don't intrest me :) I'd rather read about the GT4. If i'd thought about it, i probly could have figured the 75 was RWD - but i still wouldn't have cared.

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, s**te old Pete M style cars are the ones which *real* drivers love and adore.

Oh, yeah, as you were...

Reply to
Pete M

Its OK that we have differing opinions you know :) This is Usenet afterall :D

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Indeedy, not arguing with you there..

After all, if everyone loved S.O.Alfas, they'd be worth as much as Mk2 Escort RS2000s.

Which would put them out of my price range.

Reply to
Pete M

If you aren't interested in a subject, then missing it is *exactly* what you do ! I don't read and remember every last post in this group, and neither do you !

It's nothing to do with having a s**te memory - I simply skim over the subjects which aren't interesting to me.

Are you suggesting I should have learnt a hundred and one ways to mod a SAAB

900, by following all Meatball's posts over the years ? Obviously not. Even though Meatball posted tons of info here, I know *absolutely* *nothing* about SAAB 900s and the modding thereof. Zero. Not a sausage. Diddlysquat.

If you aren't interested in a subject, then missing it is *exactly* what you do ! I don't read and remember every last post in this group, and neither do you !

Like I said, why would I have bothered to give those posts anything more than a cursory glance, if that ?

I don't see where this is going ? What was the point of your original post ? I'm assuming you were just trying to get a rise from me, so congrats, you've succeeded.

Reply to
Nom

I have no idea whatsoever what an Alfa 75 is, nor what it looks like. I do now know that it's RWD. Whoopee.

I could go look on Google right now for a bunch of information and pictures ...... if only I ...... cared.

Reply to
Nom

Usenet is just great. Only here can people as different as Pete M and me, happily coexist in a such a peaceful manner :D

How's the porka doing, Pete ?

Reply to
Nom

I refer you to my next comment.....

But that's *exactly* my point - it has been a subject of interest to you, because you've contributed greatly to the whole FWD/RWD debate in the past, which, amongst other things, has brought up the subject old RWD Alfas. Now if, within an argument, you choose to ignore half of the points of view put across, then that just makes you an ignorant bigoted f****it.

Cool :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Has Steve ever even entered into these debates? I can't recall him ever doing so...

Reply to
DanTXD

I think so. I mean, surely, it can't turn out, erm, that I've turned out to be, erm, wrong, can it? :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I dunno :) I'd google, but i don't really care, and this thread is beginning to bore me :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yeah, me too.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yeah, me too.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

no i dont. :)

Reply to
Theo

Who the f*ck cares ?

Reply to
Nom

Do you know what ?

I don't give a flying f*ck what you think, so I'm vacating this thread.

For future reference, I'll continue to read and absorb whatever I like, and it will remain nothing to do with you. I will continue to have *zero* knowledge of old Alfa Romeos, and be totally content to do so.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Nom

Angle grinder. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I think you'll probably find that the surface of tracks in the BTCC are in rather better condition than your average Welsh B road. I'm sure SteveH enjoys enthusiastic driving but you have to be pretty committed to be prepared to endure pissing blood for fun. (c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Ah but you now know that Alfa 75's are RWD, so you no longer have zero knowledge of Alfas.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar