time to tart up the soggy old waterbed.

OK, going to sort out the upper and lower front control arms (a couple=20 of hundred quid imported as opposed to a couple of grand from Lexus) and=20 fit some new shocks and springs.

I've had it nearly 6 months now and it has proved to be reliable enough=20 to do the jobs on.

So, shocks and springs might as well go on as well.

Options: $2000 on arnott industries airbags and hope all the rest of the plumbing=20 works (half the price of lexus ones). I get the factory smoothness back=20 and can add suspension controller later if I want. $1800+shipping (us supplier) or =A31400 (uk supplier) Jic Magic FLT-A2 VIP= =20 coilovers almost as smooth as the airbags and very adjustable, but you=20 lose the ECU control of the suspension. or standard shocks Monroe Sensa-trac if I can find them (seem to be a good but hard to find=20 shock) KYB GR2 Slightly uprated commercial version of Toyota's original Sachs Boge No clue about performance. Tokico Blue Apparently not really strong enough for such a heavy car=20 even americans can blow them with their mainly straight line roads. and a set of slight lowering springs.

That lot won't be cheap, but it will drive like a new car again for far=20 less than a reliable banger.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

If it's far less than 500 quid, then yes, definitely do it. Can't see why you wouldn't really.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Not less than =A3500 but less than a properly reliable banger.

The car only cost me =A3800, and for the quality/performance/reliability,= =20 it is worth spending a bit more on it.

I unfortunaly wouldn't rwd, 250bhp+, leather, electric everything and=20 working, and that nice smooth v8 whisper in anything for =A3500. I've=20 become addicted to slushmatic magic.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Not less than £500 but less than a properly reliable banger.

The car only cost me £800, and for the quality/performance/reliability, it is worth spending a bit more on it.

I unfortunaly wouldn't rwd, 250bhp+, leather, electric everything and working, and that nice smooth v8 whisper in anything for £500. I've become addicted to slushmatic magic.

It truely is a barge and no mistake :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Since the two can be synonymous (I know, i've got one), then I don't see your problem with what I've written...

Language issues aside, you did only say "reliable banger" - don't see what any of the above has to do with it...

clive

Reply to
Clive George

I've had it nearly 6 months now and it has proved to be reliable enough to do the jobs on.

So, shocks and springs might as well go on as well.

Options: $2000 on arnott industries airbags and hope all the rest of the plumbing works (half the price of lexus ones). I get the factory smoothness back and can add suspension controller later if I want. $1800+shipping (us supplier) or £1400 (uk supplier) Jic Magic FLT-A2 VIP coilovers almost as smooth as the airbags and very adjustable, but you lose the ECU control of the suspension. or standard shocks Monroe Sensa-trac if I can find them (seem to be a good but hard to find shock) KYB GR2 Slightly uprated commercial version of Toyota's original Sachs Boge No clue about performance. Tokico Blue Apparently not really strong enough for such a heavy car even americans can blow them with their mainly straight line roads. and a set of slight lowering springs.

That lot won't be cheap, but it will drive like a new car again for far less than a reliable banger.

go find them links you sent me i'm sure you can got some suspension from oz for a load less! if it was me i'd ditch the air suspension for some nice adjustable coil overs and some nice 18's :)

i REALLY do want a celsior for my next motor, in black with tints and some

18's with black centre's and a polished lip and some nice coil overs mmmmm.

i gotta keep the bm for another year or 2 first though so i'm finally getting round to sorting myself out a HID and angel eye kit for that for the winter months. then i'll whack some lowering springs on it in the new year and keep it like that and start saving my Celsior fund as i want a 97-99 model car.

Reply to
Vamp

Very true. I guess I just like a lot of "quality" from my bangers, even=20 though I used to be very proud of buying legal safe and solid sub =A3100=20 cars.

I wasn't clear enough just how much I now love this car. I'm doing to get it given a full proper non-dealer service(fuel filter=20 etc) rather than just the usual oil and filters routine.

Yes it is thirsty and a little soggy, but everything it is showing is=20 normal for it's age, not signs of neglect. And I know so well that doing=20 the few jobs once will transform the car again for probably the next=20

100k miles.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Feeder-Dove Grey Sands

Elder

You could avoid the legality issues of non factory tints by going with the VIP curtain option off Yahoo auctions japan through a bidding service.

Reply to
Elder

Cue SteveH

Reply to
Abo

How big's the boot?

Reply to
Doki

ISTR seeing the Monroe factory in Adelaide...

Reply to
Doki

Here they are considered very average. Top of the wazza is Bilstein or Koni.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yay. My car has Bilsteins.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

And my car has Konis :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Mine's got neither, only some funny green balls :-(

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I also have Eibach springs mated to said Koni shocks so neerrrrr :-p And OZ wheels, and AP brakes!

Reply to
Iridium

Ooh. I like hyropneumagics.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Springs mating? Kinky. I've got none of those either, I'm clearly bereft :-(

I've definitely got some wheels - 4 currently mounted on the car - and brakes too (a similar number). Some of the disks might even be brembo!

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

He doesn't need a cue...

... or a clue, come to think of it..

Reply to
Pete M

Paging PeteM..... what's mine got? Owt special, or just standard jobbies?

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan