Hot start problems

Does it appear to be overfuelled (flooded) or a lack of fuel. Or even a lack of spark when hot which is preventing the fire up.

More investigation needed before we can suggest a cure.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Be sure to have them flow benched / ultrasonically cleaned first (and install with new o rings) else you could end up with more problems than you started with!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

I'm quite happy to investigate (if I can be bothered), but I just wanted to get a few more ideas flowing!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

BHP matters not a lot. It's torque that makes for fun.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well thats not that impressive either TBH. In terms of torque:weight the MR2 was probably better. Certainly pulls better from low revs!

Needs a turbo or 2....

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Don't think you'll find it cheap to fix the transfer box when it breaks - and they often do. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thats the point though, if it breaks it gets binned and I havent lost much. In fact a lot of it could probably get sold on anyway.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well, yes. Even the original MR2 was/is a fabulous car to drive, although it could bite hard. In its own way. As is the Sierra 4x4.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dont get me wrong, I love them both! If I have to sell one at the end of the summer it's going to be a hard choice!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Remember a bit of fuel kicking about when cold helps it start...

Reply to
Burgerman