I may finaly have lost any grip on sanity.

Having spent the afternoon at a classic car show with my father I can only think of one thing, getting a nice old P5B V8 and swapping the 160bhp 3.5l rover V8 for something from the TVR range with a little more grunt. Tax exempt/ lenient MOT emissions tests and huge fun watching a big old barge with 300bhp. If anyone knows of a nice padded room for me, let me know.

Reply to
Depresion

Always something I've dreamed of, and something others have done. Maybe not a TVR spec, but much later higher powered versions.

Reply to
Elder

keep the engine and get used to the grunt of the V8 THEN go and pick up a bigger engine :)

Reply to
dojj

keep the engine and get used to the grunt of the V8 THEN go and pick up a bigger engine :)

Reply to
dojj

Drop an LS2 in it on straight gas.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

The standard V8 has less torque and power than my daily drive(1), if I'm going to get used to grunt I want to be getting used to more not less. :)

(1) Ok it's not a lot less.

Reply to
Depresion

Some how I doubt that would be as easy a conversion as removing one all alloy Rover V8 and dropping in another with a new gear box. It's also a bit less British to use a GM motor (ok yes the Rover V8 was developed by Buick).

Reply to
Depresion

Fuck easy. And LS2 in one of those things would be animal. And by putting it on straight gas it would be cheap to run too.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Or an LT1.