If you could pick ONE car......

The rules -

  1. Go to the pistonheads classifieds
  2. Pick ONE motor under £6,000
  3. Post the link
  4. Go!.......

Heres mine. Predictable, cos thats what I'm in to. Don't pick the best value, fastest etc for the sake of it, pick the one that *YOU* want.....

tomScotland

Just the one ? That's really tricky.

Fast and torquey barge ? Small and nimble hatch ? Racing car ? Kit car ? Classic ?

Need to think about this one...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Is this cheating?

Pete M

No contest....

Carl Gibbs

Is this a bad taste contest?

Reply to
SteveH

:-)

Reply to
Pete M

Heh.

Surely that's worth f*ck all? - given that it has a severely twisted shell.

It'll cost way more than the car is worth to pull it straight in a jig.

Maybe worth £100 if you want the engine.....

Reply to
SteveH

£150 would pull it straight, it wouldn't be pretty, but for a track day hack it'd be tempting at the asking price.
Reply to
Pete M

"tomScotland" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

By the time I'd waded through to the tenth page of Transits & Aygos & Fiestas, and was still only a fiver south of there, I lost the will to live.

So...

Slightly more seriously...

Adrian

Plus, of course, it would sound and go proper, too... :-p

Reply to
DervMan

MY EYES!!!!!!

Reply to
Conor

i'm liking that!

Reply to
Vamp

my turn

Vamp

Struggled with this one.

I've assumed that this £6,000 has come out of the blue. Where I'm at is definitely racing cars and I'm spending my money on one of those. Had I been allowed to go to

I would have lots to choose from for my £6,000.

As it was, pistonheads is pretty poor at the moment, so on that basis, this is the best available for the money. It's a Sylva which suits me down to the ground and it's under budget by 1/3 into the bargain.

Bob Sherunckle

b b but someone's stolen a 1/3 of the engine!

Suppose upside is it makes V mount a piece of piss to get right.

3 seater, cack hand drive and a froggy interior.
ever seem one in the flesh, it was electric green metalic and thesets were covered in a verdant plush green mould - huge improvement onthe brown.
Reply to
Peter Hill

I want that.

Reply to
SteveH

Argh. I've looked for one for ages simply because I wanted to try one for a while. And now you lot dig one up locally.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Ooooh, nice find. Looks like I may be going to some job interviews soon and the prospect of turning up in a biege Montego isn't overly appealing. That would be much better!! Must resist...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Do you have to change the head to put hydraulic followers in? I'm guessing 'yes'.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Guess again, the head is a standard Mk1 GTi head, the followers are from a Mk4 Golf.

Reply to
Pete M