Insewerance.

Bunch of thieving bastards, those insurance companies.

Because of the Range Rover / BMW incident last year, my renewal quote was £1000 more and the claim isn't even settled yet.

As I've managed to get the same cover for £750 with a company 5 minutes walk from my house I doubt they'll be getting my money this year.

Reply to
Pete M

Loyalty is expensive, hence the fact I've not had the same insurance company two years in a row for at least a decade.

Good.

Reply to
Conor

For a hike that big, it's likely not them being thieving bastards, it's them telling you to bugger off, but not as severly as refusal to insure.

Course if anybody were so dim as to pay the extra, the insurance co won't mind.

Reply to
Clive George

Aye, probably. 1 claim in Ged knows how many years and they tell me to bugger off. Typical.

Currently managed to get renewal down to £606. Doin' well.

Reply to
Pete M

Did you not have protected no claims or something? 1 claim didn't make any difference to mine, I did the quote with an without the claim out of curiosity and the price was the same.

Reply to
DanB

Trade policy NCB is a weird ol' thing. Unfortunately the company I'm with (until the end of the month) load the renewal premium to death and refund a bit if you win the claim. As the other companies aren't that arsed about one bump I'll be going with them instead.

£1853 for a year is taking the piss.
Reply to
Pete M

Pete M gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

because

Reply to
Adrian

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The Saab was reversed into a year ago, whilst parked. The silly cow's insurance coughed up no problem at all - yet it still put my premium up more than _2x_ 3pt photographs...

Reply to
Adrian

Chris Bartram gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

If they'd agreed on that, it'd be settled...

Reply to
Adrian

Indeed, but other insurance companies are more than happy enough to insure me for /less/ than the premium last year even though I've told them about the ongoing claim.

My current insurers pre-loading the premium to the extent they have just means that when it's all settled they've got f*ck all chance of getting it back from me. If they'd stayed realistic with the premium (i.e. bump it up a couple of hundred quid maybe) I'd stay with them. As it is, they'll probably end up coughing up a load of money because they've given me no real incentive to fight the claim. I don't want the bloke with the BMW to win the claim as he was in the wrong, but when I'm being penalised by a 100% renewal hike before the claim is settled - and can get the same cover for a grand less elsewhere even with the claim ongoing and declaring zero NCB instead of the 5 years I had. [1]

I'd not even claimed for the Range Rover damage as it was only a few hundred quids worth of bits and some paint to put right, but after the renewal hike I've put a £750 counter-claim in for parts and labour. May as well get that back if they're gonna play silly buggers.

Reply to
Pete M

Not the case for me. Liability is not in dispute, however, the costs are. The ins co still consider that unsettled.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Bummer, isn't it?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Chris Bartram gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I definitely remain less than impressed, yup.

Still - at least she didn't push her first couple of attempts at passing the buck - "But it was a dark car at night..." "But I had a car full of children and the reversing sensors didn't go ping in time..."

Reply to
Adrian

I don't know why you didn't just accept liability. That seems _entirely_ reasonable to me.

BTW, how is the back end? (The Saab's, not yours, of course)

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Chris Bartram gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Indeed. It couldn't possibly be her fault, despite the fact I was thirty miles away at the time...

Absolutely fine. Repaired very well indeed.

Reply to
Adrian