Is this quite cheap for this condition?

Err, EDS used to be Perot, not GM.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm quite aware of how vacuum wipers work - or didn't. I was querying whether there were ever ones with an intended intermittent operation. Perhaps in the USA?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Old git! You are correct but so am I.

Last line of 2nd para - "Electronic Data Systems Corporation (EDS), which was split off from GM in June 1996."

1984, General Motors bought EDS for $2.4 billion. I had only justgot a Tatung Einstein and was learning Turbo Pascal when that dealwent down. It was only 7 years before that had I learnt Basic on aHP2000E (2000A CPU) using a teletype - VDU's came the year after.

Peter Hill