I think this one will do nicely for the upcoming Swiss trip

Again, just a little above budget:

Bleh. Still can't find anything I like for the money I'd like to pay. At least nothing that doesn't scream "run away" for one reason or other.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

There are a surprising number of cheap n fast variants of the ugly E class (the one with quad big and little oval headlamps) on the bay...

Reply to
Doki

Yes. They're ugly, as you mentioned, and they rust for Germany. Plus, you can't see all the potentially dangerous rust areas without removing various undertrays (they've been known to have the front crossmember rust out more or less completely). Hence I'm avoiding them for the time being.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

That is very nice. I do like.

Reply to
Elder

There are a couple of M535i on ebay that made me think "Timo" when I saw them. Green manual and black auto IIRC.

Reply to
Grant

Why, did they look broken? :-P

That green one actually looks quite nice apart from the driver's seat. The blacks ones don't appeal that much and the dark grey one would if the seller hadn't cleverly removed part of what makes it an M535.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Hehe.

Looks nice.

Reply to
Grant

I actually contacted the guy with the green one. Let's see what he has to say about the car...

Could do with 11 more photos, though. But maybe that'll make it a little cheaper. Guess I'll keep an eye on that one.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I'm amazed by how cheap big fast saloons are now. Really completely amazed.

Reply to
Doki