Kent FR30 Cam and valve springs.

LOL.

Reply to
Conor

You can get Megajolt up and running for a good bit less than 200 notes.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'd be willing to wager that I have fitted more valve springs than the occasions you have had intercourse with a human female. And I managed the task with success, unlike you.

g f

Reply to
guy fawkes

Hear hear. If you enjoy building and fitting genuinely useful bits of kit to improve your engine, I would recommend MegaJolt or MegaSquirtnSpark. You get all the bells and whistles that far more expensive proprietary products provide, plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. There is loads of support and advice available on the various Mega* forums.

Rachael

Reply to
guy fawkes

It was the Megajolt I was thinking of as it is featured a lot on cars in Classic/Retro Ford mags.

Reply to
Conor

As it happens Conor, there has been recent discussion about Jolt in the Yahoo MegaSquirt UK group:

Phillip,

Sorry, I didn't read the Megajolt in the title. Megajolt is quite old now, I'd recommend using the spark-only side of Megasquirt with the Extra firmware. See this thread regarding Megajolt obsolescence.

If you want to stick with Megajolt, try searching around from here
Bill still may have some Megajolt stuff :-)

Best

Keith..

I think the "Bill" they are referring to is Bill Shurvington, who supplies MS components and kits. I myself am using MegaSquirt for fuelling on my Uno Turbo engined X1/9, ignition is handled by the UT Microplex.

HTH, Rachael

Reply to
Rachael

I feel someone like you needs all the support they can get.....................ideally involving a strong length of rope and a long drop!

iridiumdan

Strange then that you seem quite unaware of the single most important point when fitting springs to a modified engine, and that you also seem very confused over very simple fundamental points related to tuning engines?

iridiumdan

You could also consider adding some GSXR750 throttle bodies (which bolt up to a twin DCOE/DHLA manifold with very little fettling - as in virtually none). and that would allow you to go injected. All the bark of Webers without the heartache. (Msns-extra would be the version to do all of this)

AND

If you were to use megalogviewer, it would log your data from a 15 minute road run and then suggest a more accurate map for real world conditions. A few goes at this is going to home right in on a really good map which has power and economy. Not a rolling road in sight :-) (This is all based on the ECU logging the inout from a wide band 02 sensor ).

I'm sure you know a lot of this anyway, but it's perhaps relevant to mention it for any potential non believers...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Decided to go with it as it's primarily a torquey cam rather than BHP and there's a lot of hills where I mainly drive so torque is a bit more important as BHP . As well as that, the powerband is from 1000-6000 RPM which is ideal as I'm not building a 9000RPM screamer and I need it to be a daily driver.

Got just over 11mm lift which is nearly twice the standard. Do you reckon I'll get away with standard valve springs

The short answer is no. Springs have a long life workng range. The std spring compression will be within that range. To exceed it will lead to a much earlier collapse of the springs or even cause the springs to break.

or am I looking at a set of doubles?

Doubles or singles, what you are looking at is a set of springs designed to work with a compression of 11mm plus the pre-compression. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

"kenhastotypeone-handed" barked in message news:454d8b34@212.67.96.135...

Ooh, are you or your nasty mate Harvey going to pay me a visit to "support" me then? It would have to be your mate of course because you wouldn't have the balls to risk a bitch-slapping.

Rachael

"kenlikesmen" blubbed in message news:454d8e6f@212.67.96.135...

What is the single most important point when fitting springs to a modified engine? Take care? Parroting that from your Googled under-fives' guide to engine building demonstrates you really are on the bottom rung of mental and manual dexterity. I bet you burned yourself on that Mamod engine too.

The only thing confused here seems to be your dressing habits!

g f

Reply to
stevensisabrainlessgoose

"FAILED W-elder" drivelled in message news:454e2583@212.67.96.135...

Ok, let's list some examples: BL B series in my dad's landcrab Audi 5cyl 1.9 and 2.2 Alfa Sud 1.5 Ford BDA for a friend's rally Escort Lancia 1.6 sohc and dohc and 2 litre dohc Lancia 2 litre 16V turbo Fiat 1.3 and 1.4 turbo Coming up: Audi 4.2 V8 (for my Karma kit car) Alfa 3.0 24V V6 (going in my X1/9)

Not counting Lego, Airfix, and the like, and those in your (wet) dreams, how many engines have you built since you fell off that tree?!

Not as many as the vandalised cars you had to get repaired no doubt!

It's obvious the nearest you have got to any kind of head work is the head jobs you do in those bogs in Eastleigh

lol!

g f!

PS don't let the cold weather catch you out on the road!

lol ! lol !

Reply to
stevensisabrainlessgoose

So says the gutless sock, who is far too scared to post using its own name!

elder

Seems you are not enjoying the taste of your own medicine!

lol!

It's Rachael, you gutless tosser. Mind that ice! lol!

Reply to
stevensisabrainlessgoose

Have you evern posted in your own name then? No. Lying hypocrit!

Reply to
straggle

Hmmmmmmmm...................very very easy to type a list on here isnt it!

But as you dont know how to fit a set of valve springs to an engine with performance cam, then I would suggest you dont have a clue when it comes to rebuilding an engine!

Kevin Johnston

Not very language from a "lady"...............or are you a "ladyboy" perhaps?..........................lol

Kevin Johnston

You know my real name, address and telephone number, and these are all very easy to find for anyone who wants to have a quick look.

So its quite correct to refer to you as a gutless sock, too scared to post using its real details, as thats exactly what you are!

Kevin Johnston

Not very WHAT? language? As it happens, I have a very close trans friend who I met through rugby. He sought support in various "interest groups" with my encouragement. Unfortunately he ran into your type so he found support elsewhere. He is now very happy and well sorted in his life, unlike you. Furthermore, despite not being born with them, he has more balls than you will ever have too..........lol

We all know who the "ladyboy" is Chris. In fact, you insult ladyboys as you are no more than a frock wearing hairy arsed old man, who probably frequents the Philbeach at weekends.

lol

Rachael

Reply to
Rachael