Kent FR30 Cam and valve springs.

It's very very easy, but still beyond your capabilities it seems. Now cut along and get ready for the weekend. That old frock of yours needs letting out again and your digicam needs new batteries! lol.....................lol......................!

Rachael

Reply to
Rachael

I'm lucky in the fact that Bogg Brothers garage is 20 miles away from me. They are one of the UK's leading firms for doing this conversion and they said it's about £550 including bodies and a custom built inlet manifold.

Reply to
Conor

It's looking that way. Going to get a set to match the cam.

Reply to
Conor

They have a very good reputation. Pinto / bike carbs manifold is virtually a stock item for them now.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Please could you let us know what sex you are...................that is if you actually know!

Ken

Good idea..........you need to check installed height, and clearance between coils at full valve lift as well.

To check cam timing a good way to find TDC is a positive stop device screwed into plug hole, to prevent piston reaching TDC, turn engine till it stops then turn back the other way, mid way between the stop points on your degree disc, is TDC spot on.

Ken

"Wendy" drivelled in message news:454f8755@212.67.96.135...

Ok, but you frst!..................lol.....................lol! !...........lol............! lol..!

Oh, of course, all old hairy arsed trannies know what sex they are, as do their "admirers" lol............lol...........lol.........! You have a digicam handy...........get one of your fanciers at the Philbeach to take a snap of you in your shabby frock. Then all will be obvious to you!................lol...........lol..........etc.

Rachael

Reply to
stevensisabrainlessgoose

The usual Stevens no-sequiters!

Reply to
straggle

More Googled parroting from the mistress of disguise. Would that be before you put the head on or after? You wouldn't have a f*cking clue!.............lol...........!........and the like....

Rachael

Reply to
stevensisabrainlessgoose

That's good to know. Don't think it's something that'll happen much before summer. Gonna have to start slowing down on the spending.

Reply to
Conor

Gonna dial guage it Ken TBH. Never did trust the marking on the crankshaft pulley.

Reply to
Conor

Actually Conor, if you are looking for accuracy, the method Ken suggests is more precise than that made by using a dial guage at TDC. The linear movement of the piston is relatively small at TDC in relation to the rotary movement of the c/shaft. A degree or two either side of TDC makes very little difference to the DTI reading,.making it quite difficult to establish the 'exact' highest point of the piston. Physically stopping the piston when it's maybe 10-15 degrees either side of TDC, means an accurate mark can be made on the pulley both sides of TDC, which, if done with care, means that the point exactly between the two marks is true TDC. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Why? They wont be picked at random, from a box of springs. They'll be springs designed with a specific rating to give the compression movement and strength required, so checking them as you suggest would be meaningless. In my job I use springs a lot, but where the movement and strength is critical, as it is with valve springs, I have to use the manufacturers data to enable me to choose the right spring for the job. Installed hight and clearance between coils doesn't tell you anything about a springs capacity or suitability to do the job required of it. The critical factors of a spring is obviously it's size. Its strength. It's free length and it's working range of compression, or expansion. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

THinking about it again after actually having sleep, yes, it does make perfect sense. Removes any ambiguity from the 10° or so dwell at the top of the stroke.

Reply to
Conor