Lambo cop car

Bloody Italians had to go one better than our Esprit...

Lordy

Imagine it now, you go past the guy with the gun, doing 155 on the limiter in your M5, and think "Nah, they'll never catch me now". 30 seconds later, you glance into your mirror to see the lights....

Reply to
Dan405

Even the lambo will take more than 30s from a standing start to catch you...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But it might take the average BMW driver 30 seconds to notice flashing lights, perhaps even longer to associate them with the fact they're doing

155.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

say 15 secs to match your speed, in which time the m5 as travelled 0.64 miles, I'd say roughly 40-60 seconds from standing start to catch it. my maths is terrible, anyone help?

Reply to
Theo

Of the recovery truck picking up the Lambo?

Reply to
Gareth A.

Thats some quick truck, i mean, 155mph is serious speed ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Transit?

Reply to
DervMan

Use fifth to squeeze past the 155 limiter, select sixth, the needle shunts around past 170...

Reply to
DervMan

Apparently on date Wed, 19 May 2004 18:13:35 +0100, "Dan405"

It might be based on a Citroen AX, or even a diesel.

Reply to
Questions

LOL.

Reply to
DervMan

Just curious how much it is going to be driven before a crash or hunger for fuel stops it... not mentioning maintenance.

In fact donating a Lambo to the cops is your best insurance for free speeding: after a month the patrol officers are either dead or in debt.

:)

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

what about the time it takes for the copper to put the gun down, leg it and to the car jump in and burn it :)

and what if the beamer takes the next turn off? :)

Reply to
Vamp

The Lambo in question is an Audi, do you reckon they are unreliable?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Back when I worked in Swissland, the owner of the company was an expatriate Italian. He bought his son a Lambo VT for a birthday present and son went to Bologna to pick it up. On his way back to Switzerland he was running it in at about 190ish kph and when he got to Milan he was picked up for speeding by two cops on Kawasakis.

All they were really interested in was how fast his car would go and they arranged to race him to the border at Cernobbio. They agreed to tear up the ticket if he got there first. When he got past 240kph they decided no chance of keeping up with him so they simply waved, flashed their lights and threw away the ticket.

Reply to
Steve Firth

White?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

So not even vaguely italian then, about as italian as a certain house painting corporal. ;)

Hope it doesn't suffer coil pack failure.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

About as Italian as say a Mini or a Rolls or a Bentley or a Jaguar or an Aston is English.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Yep, 'bout that. :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

And of course about as Italian as a SAAB or a Volvo is Swedish.

Reply to
Steve Firth